Exporting / Packaging /Importing Liveries

Good morning.

I have some liveries for the previous 32bit version of the Airbus.  When importing into P3Dv4 the dark cockpit and heavily shadowed fuselage shows etc.  This was solved by editing the texture.cfg) and removing various texture files.  Instructions were found here for this process with the step of editing the cockpit texture to include the registration omitted.  The livery manager was then used to package the file.

However when using the livery manager to import the livery (for testing) it imports a different texture.cfg which includes the text shown below;

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Texture_Fallback_VC
fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Texture_FallBack_A319

This results in the dark cockpit etc...This is fixed by editing the texture.cfg as in the link in the first paragraph of this post.

Any ideas on how I might solve this so the livery manager will import the textures and texture.cfg correctly?

vor 3 Stunden , lionwing sagte:

Good morning.

I have some liveries for the previous 32bit version of the Airbus.  When importing into P3Dv4 the dark cockpit and heavily shadowed fuselage shows etc.  This was solved by editing the texture.cfg) and removing various texture files.  Instructions were found here for this process with the step of editing the cockpit texture to include the registration omitted.  The livery manager was then used to package the file.

However when using the livery manager to import the livery (for testing) it imports a different texture.cfg which includes the text shown below;

[fltsim]

This results in the dark cockpit etc...This is fixed by editing the texture.cfg as in the link in the first paragraph of this post.

Any ideas on how I might solve this so the livery manager will import the textures and texture.cfg correctly?

I would just wait until the new livery manager is available, it shouldn't take long. Until then I would insert the liveries by hand. (I have done 12 liveries so far and all of them are working as intended.)

7 hours ago, lionwing said:

Good morning.

[fltsim]

Waiting for an updated Livery Manager would be best, however I'd like to compliment you for pursuing this!  Excellent work!

5 minutes ago, lionwing said:

So this is a known issue with the livery manager?  (Obvious question I know based on the replies).

Well... yes and no.  The livery manager is fine for NATIVE Professional series liveries.  As you already know, the older livery files have to be changed out and as it is now the livery manager doesn't handle doing that.

Archived