Tomcat and Carrier interaction

j_nunez4194

Recently, I have installed the latest Tomcat installer from Aerosoft for FSX + Acceleration. Upon selecting the missions, I have noticed the Tomcat is struggling to kneel when the nose wheel strut is engaged. When (Shift + W) is toggled, the strut stutters and quickly returns to the extended position. However, I have noticed the strut will collapse if the Tomcat is not touching the carrier deck. This problem occurs with both the Kitty Hawk and Javier's Nimitz. This leads me to believe there may be an issue with the Tomcat. Prior to the latest installment, the Tomcat would interact with both carriers without any issue which leads me to believe there may be something problematic with the Tomcat itself. Unfortunately, I have found topics with similar issues in this forum but with no real definitive answer. :( Embarrassingly enough, my knowledge of flight simulation is limited so please bare with me if you have any questions!  

UPDATE: There appears to be no consistency with the nose wheel strut. On land, the Tomcat's strut fails to collapse when the aircraft is pointed at certain headings. Example, if the aircraft is pointed north, the strut fails to collapse. In contrast, when the tomcat is pointed south, the strut will collapse. When in slew mode, the strut will collapse if the aircraft is not making contact with the ground. 

Never saw that in FSX-Accl, but I was normally facing NE(050) during the pre-flight at KNTU (Generally run through entire set of checks) . Have you already connected to the catapult prior to the strut activation?

On 7/20/2018 at 5:38 PM, Victory103 said:

Never saw that in FSX-Accl, but I was normally facing NE(050) during the pre-flight at KNTU (Generally run through entire set of checks) . Have you already connected to the catapult prior to the strut activation?

Once the aircraft is lined up with the catapult, (Shift-I) is toggled and the aircraft connects, however the aircraft begins to stutter and the nose wheel strut wants to return to the extended position but cannot. The best way to describe the behavior is the aircraft gets stuck in an endless loop.  

Wish I could help more, but never saw those issues in my FSX-A install. I tested a few of the bugs reported in P3D, no issues. Have you searched the threads on this, I remember several issues with FSX-SE that possibly could be related.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:05 AM, Victory103 said:

Wish I could help more, but never saw those issues in my FSX-A install. I tested a few of the bugs reported in P3D, no issues. Have you searched the threads on this, I remember several issues with FSX-SE that possibly could be related.

I have searched this forum and have come across other simmers with a similar issue. One thread seems to have found a cure to the issue but does not describe the solution. Possibly something in the Simobjects - Kitty Hawk folder, but did not state specifically what they altered. It seems to be a bug without a definitive solution. I still remain hopeful. 

• 1 month later...

having same issue just installed on a brand new WIN 10 PC... never had this problem before... very frustrating I have already reinstalled with no luck...

kneel <> hold bar flickers... cant satisfy conditions for launch....

Archived