configurator detected as a virus

good evening,

while trying to understand how to connect the mcdu on my tablet, something strange happened to my airbus .. I have not found the A3xx configurator, disappeared both in start, both in documents and in c: program ... I reinstalled everything and at the end told me that a3xxconfigurato.exe is a virus. I tried to uninstall and reinstall several times, without antivirus and firewall, but nothing, always the usual result. I noticed that the update has also disappeared.

Looking on the internet, before write you, I found this page that seems to be today

http://www.herdprotect.com/aerosoft.airbusx.a318_19.configurator.exe-0b9d76a6dfd06a71d01a7dd931846fb70b5fc16b.aspx

is it a know problem or is it an isolated case? what can I do?

use win 10 pro (64), windows firewall and antivirus

Niccolò 

No, in the simulator is all fine. Airbus too, work perfectly and I dont see any difference. Other Configurator the airbus updater is missing... the only things I did before noticing the virus were to shut down and restart the antivirus and the firewall several times (since I could not connect the mcdu on the Ipad). I also tried to install the air-display to test the connection with the tablet and that's it. Could you advise me where to look on the pc? maybe there is a register that marks all the events, I do not know ..

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is a typical false positive. You can be assured that no malware or whatever is included by Aerosoft, like maybe other do. Unfortunately even when Aerosoft reports this false positive to AV software vendors like Symantec, they do not even respond. So the only thing you can do is to turn off your AV software while installing and also exclude all sim related folders from being scanned. after installation.

• Aerosoft

Some idiot filed this file as a potential risk with a few AV companies (not everybody likes our products, what can you do?).

And as the configurator changes other files (that is what it is made for) it does fit some of the characteristics of a virus. Of course there is no risk.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to make clear what kind of idiot this reported:

Please login to display this image.

And this is the configurator for the old Airbus.:rolleyes:

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can simply google for the name of your anti virus software and quarantine to find the documentation how to get files out from the quarantine of your anti virus software.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived