Windows Defender reports TrojanWin32/Zpevdo.A?

Meijer

Just started my computer and Windows Defender warns:

(Text is in Dutch sorry)

Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A

Waarschuwingsniveau: Ernstig

Datum: 19-7-2018

Aanbevolen actie: Bedreiging nu verwijderen.

Categorie: Trojaans paard

Details: Dit programma is gevaarlijk en het voert opdrachten van een kwaadwillende gebruiker uit.

Betrokken items:

startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\aerosoft - A318-A319 Professional - PREPAR3D V4.x\A3xx Configurator.lnk

file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\aerosoft - A318-A319 Professional - PREPAR3D V4.x\A3xx Configurator.lnk

file: D:\Program Files\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\Configurator\Aerosoft.A318_19.Configurator.exe

I removed the file of course. But what does is do there?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting how the Windows Defender comes to different conclusions on different system. I was never told by him that he thinks there is a virus in the Aerososft files.

So much for the trustworthiness of anti virus software.

Aerosoft scans all files prior shipment and you an be sure that there is nothing included that comes even close to be a virus, trojan or malware.

False positives are a general problem in the anti virus software industry, and with all the security problems that were made public the last years one starts to question if they are not doing more harm than good to a system.

Just wanted to add to this. I had Airbuses installed since the release day and never had any issues with it but when I started up my PC in the afternoon today I got the same report. I had my PC turned on in the morning without any virus warning, so this leads me to believe Windows Defender might had an update of some sorts during this period?

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Driver8 just forwarded the following link to me (thanks for that!) which explains how to restore quarantined files:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/restore-quarantined-files-windows-defender-antivirus

Nevertheless it is necessary to configure the above linked exclusion to prevent any future problems.

Archived