Madeira (LPMA) VOR approaches missing

Georg Franz

• Aerosoft

That video is two years old sir.  These things are inserted and removed from these databases monthly.

And as I already said two times, we are legally bound by the files we receive, we simply are not allowed to change then in any way. 

Your video is indeed two years old and since then most procedures at Madeira changed.

Even the chart you show dates to the 14th June, effective 21st June 2018.

Things have changed since the time the video was taken.

Then, there are some procedures which are not in the database on purpose - for example because they are not allowed to be flown in NAV mode, but have to be flown with conventional navigation, for example because they might be terrain critical and there have been a certain number of incidents in the past where airplanes had issues following them. That's part of the reasons why I could imagine the procedure being removed from the dataset.

Since this is a Circling approach it does not surprise me that it is not in the database. Few circlings actually are.

All the approach beyond the position abeam the ruwnay has to be flown visually. That means without FMS anyway.

There is an RNP AR approach to Madeira if I'm not mistaken for those who want to fly it RNAV. Note however that few operators have approaval to fly RNP AR at this moment, so chances are even if you have that in your database you are still not allowed to fly it.

vor 4 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Your video is indeed two years old and since then most procedures at Madeira changed.

Even the chart you show dates to the 14th June, effective 21st June 2018.

Things have changed since the time the video was taken.

Then, there are some procedures which are not in the database on purpose - for example because they are not allowed to be flown in NAV mode, but have to be flown with conventional navigation, for example because they might be terrain critical and there have been a certain number of incidents in the past where airplanes had issues following them. That's part of the reasons why I could imagine the procedure being removed from the dataset.

Since this is a Circling approach it does not surprise me that it is not in the database. Few circlings actually are.

All the approach beyond the position abeam the ruwnay has to be flown visually. That means without FMS anyway.

There is an RNP AR approach to Madeira if I'm not mistaken for those who want to fly it RNAV. Note however that few operators have approaval to fly RNP AR at this moment, so chances are even if you have that in your database you are still not allowed to fly it.

Thank's for the information! :)

1 minute ago, gg1190 said:

Thank's for the information! :)

You're welcome. I hope this clarifies some of the doubts you had about these procedures and why this particular one is not in the database.

Archived