Can not setup aircraft state, acft doors, gnd services, checklist

I´ve just instaled airbus professional and I tried to make the step by step flight. The first time I initiated the prepar3d the airbus a319 has started with engines running and I can not access the menus of aircraft state, acft doors, gnd services and checklist, as you can see at the picture. When I pick the different buttons to 2d pannel of mcdu it shows me the same pannel....withou give me access to change these parameters

What should I do?

Luiz Carlos Caeiro

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem you are facing is simply the result of a broken/messed up P3D installation. Make  afresh installation of P3D and make sure that you are on P3Dv4.3

On 7/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, mopperle said:

The problem you are facing is simply the result of a broken/messed up P3D installation. Make  afresh installation of P3D and make sure that you are on P3Dv4.3

Hi,

This is exactly what I was experienced during the first installation. Seems the update from P3Dv4.2 to v4.3 doesn't work exactly how it was said - over the top installation.

Talking about all this I would like to ask something else. Is there a chance to completely remove P3D from a computer? What I mean is without searching all registry values, wiping them out, etc. The reason for asking this is because when I wanted to make a new install of P3D, I uninstall it from the computer. It was successfully removed from the system and could not be seen by the device Manager. At the same time, it remained in the Start menu and could be started from there till registration stage. Same was the condition after restarting the machine.

Please excuse me, if the question is not for here and let the moderators remove it.

1 hour ago, Goshob said:

Hi,

This is exactly what I was experienced during the first installation. Seems the update from P3Dv4.2 to v4.3 doesn't work exactly how it was said - over the top installation.

Talking about all this I would like to ask something else. Is there a chance to completely remove P3D from a computer? What I mean is without searching all registry values, wiping them out, etc. The reason for asking this is because when I wanted to make a new install of P3D, I uninstall it from the computer. It was successfully removed from the system and could not be seen by the device Manager. At the same time, it remained in the Start menu and could be started from there till registration stage. Same was the condition after restarting the machine.

Please excuse me, if the question is not for here and let the moderators remove it.

Yes, absolutely!

1. Uninstall the Aerosoft Airbus Pro via the Windows Program Manager,
2. Remove the two remaining Airbus Folders (where ever you installed it to, default location is the Documents folder. The names of the folders are: Aerosoft and Airbus Professional A318 A319.
3. Reboot
4. Uninstall P3DV4 via the Windows Program Manager.

5. Reboot.

6. Install P3DV4.3.

8. Reboot.

9. Disable computer security software.

10. Install the Airbus Pro running the the Airbus Installer “As Admin”
11. Reboot

12. Ensure computer security is disabled.

13. Update the Airbus via the AS Updater.
14. Delete your P3D Shaders folder (AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d)

15. Re-enable computer security, and exclude both Airbus folders (see above) in your computer security.
16. Reboot.

Best wishes.

20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yes Absolutely

Hi Dave,

This is exactly the procedure, which I follow. The surprising part was that P3D was still existing in the Start menu even after completing step 5 from the list. Nevertheless it was not registered as an application in the list. 

Please login to display this image.

I strongly feel that some registry values remain, but unfortunately I am not so deep in the Windows 10 details...

Otto is correct about that!

For people who have had similar issues to what you're having, a complete uninstall and reinstall of P3D has resolved the issue and believe it or not it actually saves time.  So long as you don't manually remove the P3D folders and the Addon XML files, all your addons should still be there and automatically added after you reinstall P3D.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the advice. Now I am sure that the normal Windows utilities does not uninstall P3D completely. It remains lots of left overs on different places on the HD and only manual deleting is the solution. Unfortunately one nice utility called Revo Uninstaller could not find all of them also. Actually same was the situation with FSX.

My issue was sorted after more than an hour checking hundreds of folders and sub folders for left overs. There are some registry values, which have to be cleaned also if someone wants to make sure that a complete clean setup can be done.

However, I simply want to share my experience that installing the updates over the top of an existing installation does not work. At least it doesn't for changing between v4.2 and 4.3. Again, it was the situation on my computer, which might be unique :)

Thank you to all involved!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived