Just a Few Bugs/Issues So Far + Suggestions

Once again congrats on the release Aerosoft. Well done.

Just did my first flight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Besides the panel back lighting flickering issue (I have SLI) I already reported in another thread... here are the initial things I noticed from my first flight and extra time messing around with the airplane.

1) Ground Speed on ND displays "000". - This is incorrect. There should only be 1 zero when the GS is 0.

2) Pre Armed Modes on the PFD should be CLB and NAV. The airplane loads with NAV and ALT, thus after 400ft agl it doesn't go into THR CLB - CLB mode auitomatically, I had to toggle OP CLB then cycle it to get THR CLB - CLB. Also Missing was the SRS indication when thrust was set and the airplane tracked out of RWY mode too soon into NAV immediately the main wheels left the ground.

3) Plan Mode only steps through the flightplan with the Captain side MCDU. Which makes no sense since the product is not a dual independent CDU at the moment. So the logic seems half and half. It's single CDU/Display Control operation except this.

4) Uncommanded Automatic select of FLX Temp on TO Perf Page. When completing all the entries it automatically entered 59C for the Flex. It turned out to be perfect as I was going off 27R at EGLL. Just wondering what is this based on and if it's based on the Runway Selection, Perf Parameters and weight is should suggest it to you rather than automatically enter it. I recommend a 2D pop up V Speeds and Assumed Temp Calculator based on the completed Perf INIT.

5) NAV Mode overly aggressive roll rate on turns more than 10-15 degrees heading change. The NAV AP roll rate is a bit fighter jet esque at the moment. Besides this the NAV tracking is EXCELLENT.

6) The airplane seems to get a second "wind" above FL140-150 or so. I reached FL320 in 16 minutes 30 seconds at near MTOW on the A319 after a 4min 45sec time to 10,000ft which was about right for the weight. It got this second wind around FL140 and pretty much stayed pegged at 2200+ to FL320. This is a little over ambitious for the weight I was at. A 19 to 22 minute climb to cruise is about where it should on most flights.

7) The fuel flow seems off. The airplane sips fuel nearly at the same rate on the ground as it does in the climb to FL320. I took off with 8400kts and leveled off with 6800kgs of fuel at near MTOW. Certaintly not enough fuel burn IMHO. Once at cruise the fuel burn is pretty close. It;s just that first 30 minutes of flight from Takeoff to Cruise you guys should look at.

8) Taxi/Breakaway thrust (Especially relevant to the 318/319) Both these birds in real life need only about 26-30 N1 nudge to start moving and once they do it should creep up to 17-22 GS on the ground at idle gradually building speed. The current FDE needs constant thrust up to 35-45 N1 to keep going and it slows down even when quite light. And even near MTOW on the real thing particularly on concrete surfaces it will pick up speed at idle once you give it that nudge to get momentum. Look into this.

9) Initial descent rate at the T/D was in the 4100-4500 range. Had to intervene in V/S as the thing was really hunting the descent profile too aggressively in the upper flight levels. The issue is that in the Mach Portion of the descent it's dropping speed too fast so it needs to compensate with pitch. FDE related, I'd look into the fuselage drag decreasing this a bit. Remember this is transport category airplane with lots of interia going 500mph at idle pointing down 2000-3500fpm. The speed should not drop so fast at idle unless your closer to level AoA.

10) I know new displays are on the way but and I appreciate the increased readability in a desktop PC environment but please look into the Fonts and sizing for SP1. I think a little too much bias was given towards the readability, it sort of cheapens the displays with the Font type and sizing, line thickness etc used that are otherwise very nicely drawn displays. Especially the Upper Engine display is very well drawn. A font tweak and size adjustment will dramatically improve the immersion of the cockpit.The FCU font is also a little "off" looking as well.

11) Gauge Sound Logic Tweaks Needed : Namely the Gear Wind logic how the sound remains playing loudly through decel on the runway down to 35 GS or so and the rumble sound just gets out. Same thing for the Takeoff, if you abort a TO or do a high speed run and slow down you can hear the rumble noise cut out abruptly. I recommend a gradual fade out and tweak to the logic. The sounds are extremely well done. The interior engine sounds between 1/3 and 2/3 throttle have a touch too much "hiss" which makes them too loud during the CRZ and upper Descent/Climbout portion.

12) A comprehensive integrated Livery Manager that automatically repairs older repaints and allows them to work. Or come up with a repaint format for importing to the manager and ditch text editing all together. Which should be expected at this price point.

13) For those of us like myself in the US, we naturally prefer our native Imperial Units for Weight and Barometric Pressure. An MCDU option to easily change this in the MCDU settings in the simulator is an absolute must have. Temperature, not needed at Celcius is the Aviation standard both in the US and around the world. But LBS and inHG Option Please :)

These issues aside initially I think Aerosoft did a WONDEFUL job with the Airbus. It's very enjoyable especially knowing you guys did the full fleet and with or without sharklets. The exterior model, sounds and all critical systems for normal flight seem to be there. This product has a lot of potential. And with some of these improvements and more it will be a real winner.

Well done and keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, eserafinojr said:

5) NAV Mode overly aggressive roll rate on turns more than 10-15 degrees heading change. The NAV AP roll rate is a bit fighter jet esque at the moment. Besides this the NAV tracking is EXCELLENT.

Agreed. I believe this is on their list to work on.

6) The airplane seems to get a second "wind" above FL140-150 or so. I reached FL320 in 16 minutes 30 seconds at near MTOW on the A319 after a 4min 45sec time to 10,000ft which was about right for the weight. It got this second wind around FL140 and pretty much stayed pegged at 2200+ to FL320. This is a little over ambitious for the weight I was at. A 19 to 22 minute climb to cruise is about where it should on most flights.

Yep I see this too, seems just a little bit too much given that the Airbus family has a reputation for having slow climb performance in the higher altitudes compared to say a 737.

8) Taxi/Breakaway thrust (Especially relevant to the 318/319) Both these birds in real life need only about 26-30 N1 nudge to start moving and once they do it should creep up to 17-22 GS on the ground at idle gradually building speed. The current FDE needs constant thrust up to 35-45 N1 to keep going and it slows down even when quite light. And even near MTOW on the real thing particularly on concrete surfaces it will pick up speed at idle once you give it that nudge to get momentum. Look into this.

This too, though I feel like it is more relevant to the IAE model, which is known to taxi and accelerate slightly at idle thrust as well as needing frequent braking during taxi.

9) Initial descent rate at the T/D was in the 4100-4500 range. Had to intervene in V/S as the thing was really hunting the descent profile too aggressively in the upper flight levels. The issue is that in the Mach Portion of the descent it's dropping speed too fast so it needs to compensate with pitch. FDE related, I'd look into the fuselage drag decreasing this a bit. Remember this is transport category airplane with lots of interia going 500mph at idle pointing down 2000-3500fpm. The speed should not drop so fast at idle unless your closer to level AoA.

I have also experienced nearly -6000fpm as well, I believe this is also on their list to work on.

10) I know new displays are on the way but and I appreciate the increased readability in a desktop PC environment but please look into the Fonts and sizing for SP1. I think a little too much bias was given towards the readability, it sort of cheapens the displays with the Font type and sizing, line thickness etc used that are otherwise very nicely drawn displays. Especially the Upper Engine display is very well drawn. A font tweak and size adjustment will dramatically improve the immersion of the cockpit.The FCU font is also a little "off" looking as well.

I feel the same way, particularly about the FCU font, seems a bit to "tall" if that makes sense. I would rather have it somewhat harder to read but look closer to the real thing.

11) Gauge Sound Logic Tweaks Needed : Namely the Gear Wind logic how the sound remains playing loudly through decel on the runway down to 35 GS or so and the rumble sound just gets out. Same thing for the Takeoff, if you abort a TO or do a high speed run and slow down you can hear the rumble noise cut out abruptly. I recommend a gradual fade out and tweak to the logic. The sounds are extremely well done. The interior engine sounds between 1/3 and 2/3 throttle have a touch too much "hiss" which makes them too loud during the CRZ and upper Descent/Climbout portion.

Besides the gear wind sound I think the sounds are quite good as usual with TSS, though they lack a bit of bass.

13) For those of us like myself in the US, we naturally prefer our native Imperial Units for Weight and Barometric Pressure. An MCDU option to easily change this in the MCDU settings in the simulator is an absolute must have. Temperature, not needed at Celcius is the Aviation standard both in the US and around the world. But LBS and inHG Option Please :)

Indeed, recently a heavily requested feature. I started a thread about this as well. They have it on their list!

Well done and keep up the good work.

I'd like to echo this one as well. Despite me trying to echo issues I agree with to help them get fixed, I would like to commend AS on getting this bird into v4 and making it look amazing.

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. Noted and on list.

2. Will be looked at. SRS is sensitiv to the order what you enter and changing aircraft state. First choose state, then enter all data in mcdu. Make sure that CLB is armed before TO.

3. Noted and on list.

4. Is intended. Will be revised maybe later for SP1 or 2.

5. Known, will be worked on.

6.-9. will forward 

10. SP1 

11. Is known

12. will forward

13. Is being worked on

Archived