Aerosoft Airbus Professional Bundle Low Fps

amrick615

Hello everyone!

I just bought the professional bundle today for P3Dv4, which only includes the A318/19 as of right now. My test airport is FlightBeam KSFO, and the frames I get with the aircraft are about 7 fps and the high is about 9 fps. In exterior views, I can get about 17 fps to about 20 fps, which for me is satisfactory for a high level aircraft. 

In all of the PMDG aircraft that are compatible with P3Dv4, I get about 17 fps to 20 fps inside the cockpit, and 25 fps to 30 fps outside the cockpit at KSFO FlightBeam. I tried deleting the shaders folders, but that did not help. I am hearing about others having great performance with this aircraft, even better than PMDG, so I think it is clear that this issue is reparable. 

Computer specs: Intel core i7-5500U 2.4 GHZ, 8 GB Ram, and NViDIA GeForce 840M.0.0. This is not exactly a high end PC, however it isn't exactly low-end either. 

Thank you for your time!

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH this is indeed a very low end hardware: 2.4GHz does not even met the minimum requirements for the old Airbus; the graphiccard only uses shared memory; and as it is a notebook, the CPU starts to throttle down when getting warm. So the only chance to get sufficient fps is to adjust the settings in P3D and this a trial and error. Start with low settings and move upwards till your fps are getting low.

3 hours ago, amrick615 said:

Hello everyone!

I just bought the professional bundle today for P3Dv4, which only includes the A318/19 as of right now. My test airport is FlightBeam KSFO, and the frames I get with the aircraft are about 7 fps and the high is about 9 fps. In exterior views, I can get about 17 fps to about 20 fps, which for me is satisfactory for a high level aircraft. 

In all of the PMDG aircraft that are compatible with P3Dv4, I get about 17 fps to 20 fps inside the cockpit, and 25 fps to 30 fps outside the cockpit at KSFO FlightBeam. I tried deleting the shaders folders, but that did not help. I am hearing about others having great performance with this aircraft, even better than PMDG, so I think it is clear that this issue is reparable. 

Computer specs: Intel core i7-5500U 2.4 GHZ, 8 GB Ram, and NViDIA GeForce 840M.0.0. This is not exactly a high end PC, however it isn't exactly low-end either. 

Thank you for your time!

I think it is not the Hardware you have, if not just as you have configured certain entries in the Prepar3D. CFG

For example, I have a i5 4690K and for being 4 core, I have configured the input

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

There are applications that tell you according to the CPU the correct value

And the GPU is a ASUS GTX 970

32 GB Ram 1600 HardDisc Crucial SSD 950 GB M2 128GB

• Deputy Sheriffs

Guys stop posting such Tweaks! They are useless and can do more harm when you have no idea what it can do on an individual system. In case of the opener it is his low end hardware!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! I will be sure to adjust the settings in P3D and see how it goes. 

i am thinking about building a gaming PC, so far I am thinking about getting an AMD Ryzen 5 2600x with Nvidia 1060 6GB. Do you all think this is a good place to start when running addons like Orbx (All the way to So-Cal) and Flightbeam airports with aircraft like this Airbus? 

57 minutes ago, amrick615 said:

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! I will be sure to adjust the settings in P3D and see how it goes. 

i am thinking about building a gaming PC, so far I am thinking about getting an AMD Ryzen 5 2600x with Nvidia 1060 6GB. Do you all think this is a good place to start when running addons like Orbx (All the way to So-Cal) and Flightbeam airports with aircraft like this Airbus? 

If I were you (and if you can stretch the budget a tad), go for a slightly higher spec GPU. I built my machine two years ago and went for a 960 but wish i had paid the extra 150-ish at the time and gone with a 970. I'm going to be upgrading mine now shortly and getting the 1070TI.

If that is out of budget, there's nothing wrong with a 6GB 960, but you may want to consider saving up for just a little bit longer to get that higher model..? :)

• 3 months later...

This post is already some days old but still trying to give it a chance because I have a fps loss of about 45-50 when switching from a default airplane into the A319. Is this normal?

I7 8700 @4,4, CPUs are borred - no Problems here
GTX 1070 is up to 99% with the A319, Memory 50% used

Where do I start to reduce load on the GPU? And why is the A319 so heavy on fps compared to other aircraft?

Thanks for any help.

I realized that the FPS in the AS bus are somehow related to the shaders and because of this, I now delete my shaders each time the AS busses get an update. What FPS do you still get? If you loose 45-50FPS but still get 40, it is ok, no? In my case, I locked my FPS to 30 inside P3D and usually I get those inside the VC of the AS bus and I use pretty high settings. Due to my FPS lock, I do not know how high my FPS would be in a default plane (but probably not 45FPS higher). It is all about settings and resolution in the end...

• Aerosoft
On 11/5/2018 at 9:46 PM, Gabriel1501 said:

This post is already some days old but still trying to give it a chance because I have a fps loss of about 45-50 when switching from a default airplane into the A319. Is this normal?

Most certainly possible as our models are many times as complex both in code as in modeling. 

My CPU is never over 70% and GPU now 70-80%. Still the A319 gives me a fps drop from 70 to 33. Daytime and no DL. Its enough to fly it but not as smooth as I would like it to be and I cannot go any higher with GPU settings.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, Gabriel1501 said:

My CPU is never over 70% and GPU now 70-80%. Still the A319 gives me a fps drop from 70 to 33. Daytime and no DL. Its enough to fly it but not as smooth as I would like it to be and I cannot go any higher with GPU settings.

Then lock your FPS to 30 and you will never notice the framedrop again ^_^

4 hours ago, Querer said:

Then lock your FPS to 30 and you will never notice the framedrop again ^_^

A nice thought, but inaccurate.  Far too many variables at play to make such a statement, though I agree that frames should be set to 30 for a lot of technical reasons.

Best wishes!

• Aerosoft

The discussion about these things will never stop but I simply never saw any advantages of locking your FPS. I have never seen a system that had stutter issues work better with it (most of these are simply caused by background processes, outside the sim, that are not written very well and put your complete system on halt for a short moment).  Fact is that if your system is running at 30 fps and you lock at it 30 it will most likely drop 4 fps. It will probably never get to your set 30 fps. FPS locking slows down frames. Your system will always be the fastest unlimited. Who cares if it fluctuates? I rather have it fluctuate between 60 and 20 than locked at 20. 

I have read about a zillion posts about sim tweaks. And I tested most. And as I got two identical systems next to each other I think I am one of the few people who can compare before and after. With P3D addons running from my NAS and not having to be installed on the systems it is really easy to maintain the sim on multiple systems (unless the publisher decides it needs DRM to annoy its customers). Using SimStarter it's easy to test tweaks... 

And I still got to find ANY tweak that makes the general sim better. Some all make the sim slower to make it look better, most make the sim faster by dumbing down the sim. None really make the sim better. The guys at Lockheed are not crazy, nor are the folks at MS who make the OS. Nor am I. On my main test machine P3D starts up automatically when I boot the sim. It runs 60 hours a week. After a few years, you get a real good feel what works and what does not work.

Archived