My bus just doesn't work...

AdamSmrt

Good evening all

So, I have just purchased, downloaded and installed the new bus.  I also ran the updater as per Mathijs' instructions; however, the bus just doesn't work.  The below is a list of issues I'm currently having:

1)  As you can see from my screenshots, there are no fan blades on the engines

2)  The APU switches are all set to on (batteries also on), but the cockpit is cold and dark

3)  I have also several greyed out areas on the options MCDU

4)  I cannot start the engines

5)  All sounds seem to be missing also

Here's a list of things I've tried to get the bus working:

1) Uninstalling the bus and reinstalling

2) Uninstalling the bus and reinstalling as an administrator

I really am at a loss as to what I can do.  If anyone can help, please do so.

Sincerely

Adam

PS- please accept my apologies if this has been posted in the incorrect forum

Please login to display this image.

Adam,

Sorry you're still having issues.

I know you've uninstalled/reinstalled, but I'm going to ask you to  do so again using a slightly different, step by step procedure. Takes about 15 minutes or less depending on how quickly your system boots up - on yours, I'm guessing this will take about 6 minutes.

If you would, please go through this step by step.

1. Uninstall via the Windows Program Manager.

2. Remove any remaining Airbus Folders (where ever you installed it to, default location is the Documents folder where you'll find two (2) folders named “Aerosoft” and “Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional”

3. Reboot

4. Disable computer security software.

5. right click on the airbus installer and select Run “As Admin”

6. Reinstall the Airbus and Reboot.

7. delete the p3dv4.3 shaders folder, which can be found at:

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

8. in your computer security software, please exclude the “Aerosoft” and “Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional” folders.

9. re-enable your computer security software.

10. launch p3dv4.3, and close immediately after reaching the initial window. do not load the aircraft.

11. close p3Dv4.3.

12. if you have firewall software, please ensure that you allow the AS Updater.

13. run the as updater.

that’s it

Let me know how you make out.

Good afternoon DaveCT2003,

Thank you for your help and thorough reply on this subject.

I did follow your instructions to the letter; however, the re-install still didn't work.

I'm really not sure why the bus isn't working as I  have a fairly decent setup and run very little on my PC.

These are the recent screenshots from my re-install of the bus.  The St Elmo's fire is still there, the engines have no fan blades and I cannot start the APU and / or engines at all.  There's also no sound and there has never been any possibility of external power.

I am at a loss and extremely frustrated.  Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance

Adam

• Deputy Sheriffs

Adam, unfortunately in over 90 % of all cases what you describe is the result of a broken/messed up P3D installation. When you read other topics about those problems a complete new installation of P3D solved the problem. Surely this is not something you want to hear, but it is simply a fact.

There are even customers how realized that their complete WIndows installation was broken (e.g. their "Documents" folder was for whatever reason in the Windows system folder).

Good afternoon all

I did a full and complete re-install of P3D and all add-ons and so far so goo, I'm off to Kiev as BA882.

Thank you all for replying with your input, I greatly appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Adam

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived