Lighiting issue 2

Same problem a s below by Spacee...but sorry how do I revert back to the original P3D shade?? Where can I check for PTA? Where do I find Disabling "Aircraft lighting & saturation" aswell as "Aircraft VC lighting & saturation"???

In P3Dv4 software on in Airbus folder? 

Please help

Thanks

ok. Now I have a BIG PROPLEM: having deleted the shader folder, at start of the sim now when I load a scenario the full screen is black...if I try to change view, still everything is black...

3 minutes ago, apollo11 said:

ok. Now I have a BIG PROPLEM: having deleted the shader folder, at start of the sim now when I load a scenario the full screen is black...if I try to change view, still everything is black...

I'm no support guy but having problems with shaders myself I may know a thing or two.. If you deleted ShadersHLSL in the P3D directory you'll likely have problems. If this is the case, reinstall the P3D client only and to my knowledge, this should restore the original shaders. Also, the PTA options you're looking for can be found under the Lighting tab.

Please login to display this image.

Again, I'm not a support guy so take my advice at your own risk (although I have no intentions of destroying your sim, just providing a little help where I can).

Thanks Spacee. I have re-installed the P3d Client but still the same problem...namely now the screen is not blank anymore but I still have part of cockipt (overhead + pedestal + left side of MCP ) black...what should I do?

if that helps, I can confirm that ShadersHLSL is missing in P3dv4 folder...I have tried to re-install the P3d Client but it did not re-install the ShadersHLSL....any suggestion anyone?

Thanks anyone for help

I'm not too sure what to say about your black cockpit issue, if I was you I'd wait for somebody to reply that has the sufficient knowledge to help fix your issue. I'm just giving my advice based on what I've experienced thus far. In regards to your earlier question regarding the lighting tab, it is apart of PTA (Prepar3D Tweaking Assistant). It seems you probably don't have it so most of your issues are probably in regards to your missing Shaders folder (at least that's what I've gathered based on the information you've provided me with).

Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help!

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, apollo11 said:

That's normal for a while as the new shaders are being build.

Thanks Mathijs, infact now everfything is baxk in place...still find the original problem, namely  part of cockipt (overhead + pedestal + left side of MCP+ metal "linking" overhead and MCP) all black...

therefore couple of questions:

1 - where/ how do I download PTA (is already in P3dv4 software? if yes, where is it?)

2 - how do I restore the ShadersHLS that seems to be missing?

3- in general, is there a step-by-step guide on how to rebuid shades correctly?

Thanks a lot for anyone's help. Let me add, that even with black parts, I enioy very much flyiing the Airbus: compliments to Aerosoft, as usual, great product !!!!

Loooking forwrad to hear from anyone some help.

• Aerosoft

For the shaders thing I advise th Avsim forums, there is a lot of discussions about it there. We know very little about it because we never use any of these tweaks because they make the work of the modelers look incorrect. They tune all colors to the default shaders

mmmm...interesting...now I have bought myself PTA it tells me:

ERROR: shader file D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

in the meantime also re-runned installation of Airbus and now the final part of pedestal (where flaps leverage is) is ok and other bits are ok...seems to me that there might be some problems with the installer....

Mathijs I have found the following errors rfelating to Airbus in the ContentError file:ù

error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Gauge
Name: Wingviewbar_hor_P3D
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "-->" in: -->

[error.29]
error=Gauge file not found: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Panelbar!Closed_Wingviewbar_hor_P3D

[error.30]
error=Gauge file not found: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Panelbar!Closed_Wingviewbar_ver_P3D

[error.31]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: PFD
Error: Cannot have multiple Rotation descriptions for one element!

[error.32]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: attitude_backup
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\attitude_backup_background_ON.bmp

[error.33]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\attitude_backup_plane_symbol.bmp

[error.34]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\attitude_backup_plane_symbol2.bmp

[error.35]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\attitude_backup_plane_symbol3.bmp

[error.36]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\attitude_backup_plane_symbol4.bmp

[error.37]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\attitude_backup_plane_symbol5.bmp

[error.38]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\attitude_backup_roll_indicator.bmp

[error.39]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\attitude_backup_roll_indicator2.bmp

[error.40]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: AB_OVH_BatVoltageDisp
Error: Missing gauge image file: ../../Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems\AB_OVH_BatVoltageDisp_night.bmp

• Deputy Sheriffs

The black textures might be an issue with too long foldernames. P3D can only handle ~256 characters. Try to install the airbus in a folder like “c:\p3d_addons”. So aren’t a lot characters wasted.

If this does not help, please make a screenshot in sim with the V key. It’s saved in Pictures\Prepar 3Dv4..

Regarding the shader folder. You can delete the shaders after graphic driver update or other graphic issues.

The Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL folder is NOT the one you want to delete!!

C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders is the one you want.

If your HLSL folder is gone, you will have a problem. Reinstall of client might help. You should only clear the shader folder, when the sim is not running. It will be rebuilt next time sim is loading, therefor short time black screen.

PTA is nothing mandatory and will not solve anything. Most time it causes issues, as all this shader tweak utilities. The lightning tab mentioned  above is part of the PTA toll config and not part of the Airbus addon or default P3D.

Hi Masterhawk,

thanks for the advice ... I'll try later on here's how the cockpit looks like...mainpanel + pedestal + overhead

Archived