Not following the route? -> Read this

Emi

We have collected a lot of evidence from many customers now for whom the Airbus did not follow the route as entered in the MCDU.

In the vast majority of cases this was caused by missing information. The users mainly forgot to enter the weights, etc. in the INIT B page.

Note this is NOT a Boeing, the INIT page has two pages in an Airbus, INIT A, where you fill the route and flight related stuff, and INIT B where you put in the weights and fuel related information.

If you start in a ready to fly state with the engines running the INIT B page will not be accessible anymore, but you can use the FUEL PRED page to insert your weights instead.

Please note that this is vital information required by the flight computers to be able to calculate your routing and NAV mode. Without it the Airbus might behave strangely.

If you feel you have done everything correclty and still encounter this issue please post the following information:

• Your exact route and weight information (if available please post your OFP and tell us any difference to the OFP you used)
  • Screenshots of the PFD, ND and F-PLN page in such a situation
  • Your COROUTE file, if a company route has been used. Those can be found in Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans

Haha, same happened to me right now. Thank god there's this forum with a lot of helpful information! :)

Thanks Emi!

Good landings to you all!

• 2 weeks later...

I entered all the information required for the flight (everything under "FMGS Preparation" in the "Normal Procedures Document" and every single flight I've done the aircraft deviates from the route.

129 pax, 1.9 tons of cargo, 6 tons of fuel, FL370, CI49  (EGLL/27R DET2F DET L6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 SPI UT180 PESOV T180 UNOKO UNOK2M EDDF/07R), nothing abnormal on the displays, the aircraft literally just turned a completely different direction from the route. BA A319 IAE engines.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, Fredge said:

129 pax, 1.9 tons of cargo, 6 tons of fuel, FL370, CI49  (EGLL/27R DET2F DET L6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 SPI UT180 PESOV T180 UNOKO UNOK2M EDDF/07R), nothing abnormal on the displays, the aircraft literally just turned a completely different direction from the route. BA A319 IAE engines.

Ok, and where was the AC leaving the route? Please a screenshot in that moment with PFD, ND, MCDU (F-PLN).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

see my other postings from tonight ..

Not following flight plan again ..

why?

KBOS to EGLL all data entered

no change to flightplan

deviation from flightplan route ..

Please login to display this image.

Thanks

cmd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks a million for this post! I've always wanted to learn how to fly the Airbus but kept missing the second INIT page. Emanuel, thanks for the reminder and the note about the "FUEL PRED" page if the sim starts with the engines running. Much appreciated as the aircraft now follows the flightplan.

• 10 months later...

After takeoff, the airplane never establishes itself on the path. I have even tried using selected mode to get it on a very shallow intercept path and it just flies right past the route. I never have any errors and all lights appear to be as they should.

I have looked through the forums and tried countless number of fixes people have supplied. None are working. Even tried a complete reinstall of all Airbus aircraft. I have included pictures as well as the FP.

EGLLLOWI01.flp

17 hours ago, Mentor1159 said:

After takeoff, the airplane never establishes itself on the path. I have even tried using selected mode to get it on a very shallow intercept path and it just flies right past the route. I never have any errors and all lights appear to be as they should.

I have looked through the forums and tried countless number of fixes people have supplied. None are working. Even tried a complete reinstall of all Airbus aircraft. I have included pictures as well as the FP.

Had the same issue here (yes, I know about INIT B/FUEL PRED page), flight director is working but guides present heading, no reaction on DIRECT TO, not intercepting the flight path.

In my case issue was solved only after updating the client to P3D V4.5.

Did not do complete reinstall, did not reinstall airbus, just P3D client, even saved flightplan.flp is the very same one, the one which was not working in V4.4.

The same installation of the airbus (at least 320/321) was working properly in P3D V4.4 until the recent update, I think even 1.2.5.0 was working!

Not sure if coincidence or now Airbus really requires V4.5

• Aerosoft

All our releases always require the latest release of the sim. It might work with older versions but we simply do not test.

Please keep in mind that for every release of P3D V4 we got new compilers.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

All our releases always require the latest release of the sim. It might work with older versions but we simply do not test.

I’m at work for the next two days. It’s possible I never updated it. I will try it and let you know if it solves the problem. 

On 9/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I can confirm my sim was out of date and everything is now working properly.

Enjoy this beautiful early morning departure out of EGLL.

Archived