• Aerosoft

We are VERY pleased so many people commented on the way the busses are easy on FPS while still looking absolutely gorgeous. Please because it is something we worked very hard on and seeing that recognized is good for the ego!

There are four things that make it easy on FPS:

• Above anything else, the work of Stefan. I always said he was the best modeler in the small hobby and I think he proven that. He is extremely careful with structures and understand how you can make something look 3d even though it it not. 
  • Second, this is NOT a 32 bit project converted to 64 bits but a 64 bits project from the start. Believe me that makes a huge difference
  • Third, compared to the previous busses we moved a lot of XML code to C++ code. In FSX that hardly made a difference, in P3d V4 it does.
  • Fourth, this aircraft is compiled for P3D v4.3 with the compilers for P3D v4.3. Lockheed made great steps to optimise things. You should push other developers to release P3D v4.3 specific versions! Running a P3D V4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 compiled model in P3D v4.3 does not bring out the best of the sim.

I have noticed that I was very afraid of performance. When i bought yesterday i was thinking " hmmm maybe you are buying a 9 FPS product to your computer" But made a 2:30 flight from Almeria to Frankfurt, the FPS was always bt 24-50 (with dynamic lights and gtx 970 4gb )

SO IM VERY HAPPY CONGRATS!

The fps are truelly amazing even better then the older NGX wich always had the best performance for me! 

They never dip under 35 fps even with heavy weather (asp4)

Thanks aerosoft!

Very happy with the frame rate. Did three test flights in three different models and all went perfect. 

Thanks goes to the development team. Well done...well done indeed.

I really can't believe just how good this is on frames, for a minute I thought I was in the Aerofly Airbus...;)! And I have everything ramped up pretty high with loads of add on's.

• Aerosoft
39 minutes ago, gregoryv said:

No systems depth

No system depth? I think you have not understood this product well. It has in many part excellent system depth. We just do not model stuff like dual engine out plus an unconscious co-pilot. Mainly because it simply never happened. And as that is code that is only run when it happens it only affect memory load (not an issue in P3D v4.3) and not hardly any FPS. 

FPS is for 80% determined by modeling/texturing. The skill of the modeler.

As I already said in an other thread - the FPS are amazing. The VC resolution is superb. But - the only ("look and feel") thingy that I am not happy about is the outside texture resolution of some parts of the aircraft. I love to take screenshots with an wing view for example and the texture resolutions of the engine mount and the "Do not step..." writings are very low - why? The Airbus looks great if you look at it from a decent distance but like I said wing views do not. Any chance to get better textures for the wing/engine?

Cheers

And I really appreciate that you have put so much work into the superb VC! 
Just for my lack of understanding - If I use f.e a 4096x4096 resolution livery will that solve my "problem" or has this nothing to do with it?

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No system depth? I think you have not understood this product well. It has in many part excellent system depth. We just do not model stuff like dual engine out plus an unconscious co-pilot. Mainly because it simply never happened. And as that is code that is only run when it happens it only affect memory load (not an issue in P3D v4.3) and not hardly any FPS. 

FPS is for 80% determined by modeling/texturing. The skill of the modeler.

Hi Mathijs, 

I think you totally didn't understand my comment.

I was talking about "other product" . A lot of people saying that "other product" having better system depth and etc.

I said that it isn't worth when your performance is poor.

I think your team did a great job and I am enjoying flying new bus ;)

Archived