Apu external view sound, awfully loud

Viperlead

So far, the external view apu sound is the only one I have trouble with. It just violently comes into scene when the apu becomes available. Being extremely loud, cant find a proper solution to reduce the volume, so I have to press Q when apu is running and im outside drooling with the awesome sights.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I wouldn't call the sound "awfully loud". To me it's more like "a bit louder than other planes", but I think we are talking about the same. Anyway, I am not quite sure if this is a bug or an issue.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If more people feel it is too loud we can of course reduce the volume. We'll keep an eye on it.

Hi Mathijs,

Also I can't hear the break fan sounds and the packs also on outside view is that a bug ? 

4 hours ago, mvj39 said:

hey ;-)

yes it is too loud and also it comes not from starting stage but already running stage.

Exactly, there is no spool up or down sound. I know it should be loud, the entire real plane from outside is extremely loud. Our company forces us to wear hearing protection when walking around. but the sound almost matches the real one in decibels haha :D

regards

It would be great if we could independently adjust the external volume for the apu, engines etc from the MCDU as with the internal volumes  :)

I noticed a lot of variation in the sound levels of Altitude callouts, the sound environment, the APU etc. For example the Altitude Callouts being much too loud compared to everything else,

The sounds need slight dynamic range compression and volume normalization to all be at about the same amplitude so there arent any sounds significantly louder than one another in the simulator environment.

I will second this.....had my headphones on the other day and went to outside view while APU was running........had to quickly throw off my headphones ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived