Sign in to follow this  
Er!k

Very sensitive controls (with Xbox controller)?

Recommended Posts

Hi Aerosoft,

 

I have an Xbox controller for flying the Airbus. Have set things up like described in the manual (max. sensitivity and no null zone). However, I find the aircraft very sensitive, both on ground and when manually flying. I can easily make a 180 degrees turn and on approach I must not touch the controls too hard...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Erik,

 

the controls are calibrated to the same sensitivity as the real Airbus.

If you use a joystick with a similar deflection range you will notice it handles very closely to the real thing.

 

Of course an Xbox controller has only a very small deflection range, therefore it feels very sensitive to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Erik!

 

I had a similiar problem, in my case I just had to reinstall the drivers for my Logitech Force 3D Pro. That helped for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi Erik,

 

the controls are calibrated to the same sensitivity as the real Airbus.

If you use a joystick with a similar deflection range you will notice it handles very closely to the real thing.

 

Of course an Xbox controller has only a very small deflection range, therefore it feels very sensitive to you.

 

Hi Emi, thanks for the explanation. Do you have a suggestion what settings to use when using more like a gamepad? I owned the Airbus Extended in the past and I did not have the issue there at all...

 

46 minutes ago, MatthiasKNU said:

Hi Erik!

 

I had a similiar problem, in my case I just had to reinstall the drivers for my Logitech Force 3D Pro. That helped for me...

 

That is worth a try, but I also have the QW787, which behaves fine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only settings are those of the default sim and you could experiment with those. In my experience the Xbox controllers have a logarithmic scale and you need super sensitive fingers in a flightsim to use them. I would call them close to unusable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The only settings are those of the default sim and you could experiment with those. In my experience the Xbox controllers have a logarithmic scale and you need super sensitive fingers in a flightsim to use them. I would call them close to unusable.

 

Hmm, it worked great in the old bus. Has anything changed regarding this topic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the suggested settings (in general) in P3D then? Sensitivities & Null Zones to default? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

default will work fine, however I personally would recommend to adjust them to match the movement of your physical joystick with the sidestick in the flightdeck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 12 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

default will work fine, however I personally would recommend to adjust them to match the movement of your physical joystick with the sidestick in the flightdeck.

 

Allright, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this