DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED - P3D CRASH

blubusdrv

I Keep getting a P3D Crash after the following message appears a few minutes into Play once installed A318/319 Pro this am:

This device (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB) stopped working for the following reason:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. Do you want to exit Prepar3D? Click yes to exit,

No to disable rendering to this device, or Cancel to keep using this device (Prepar3D may crash).

I turned down all my graphics settings and it still happens. I never seen this before.

Thank you for any and all help.

Love the product otherwise :)

Hi,

I have a similar issue, even without flying the Airbus (or in fact without having the Airbus installed at all).

In my case it is caused by a faulty overclocking (done by factory stock) of my graphic card.

Turning the Debug mode ON in the nVidia Control Panel solves it for me. But as said, at least in my case it's not aircraft related.

The error is not related to the Airbus, and others have found this problem pops up from time to time.  There is a post in the Prepar3d forums on how to resolve this.

Best wishes.

Ok guys,  I thought I would provide you with an update. I ended up correctly uninstalling and reinstalling my Nvidia drivers. 398.36 I believe. Also left my GTX 1060 in stock mode, not overclocked. I also updated my BIOS, my SSD driver and uninstalled and reinstalled the a318/319 software again. All antivirus off. The only add-ons I have is Latin VFR San Diego and flight beam San Francisco in P3D. I also turned all the graphics settings down after running a benchmark test to make sure that there was no issues with my graphics card. With all that said and done, I tried the aircraft again and shortly after taking off (after loading the FMS up) it crashed not only P3D but my desktop too to a reboot. It did this two more times as well. I then tried two other aircraft in P3D with no issues. I am coming to the conclusion that there is something in the a318/319 software that is completely overloading my system. I have an Intel 8700K (running smoothly water-cooled at 5 ghz) on an Asus 370 Prime Z motherboard with 32 GB of corsair 2600 ram. All running on windows 10 64bit with a GTX 1060 6 GB card. My SSD is 1 tb. 77% used.

Any suggestions would be great. A very frustrating day, though I understood what I was getting into. I also hope that this helps in someway to diagnose an issue. Thank you again.

No, the DXGI ERROR does not appear as the sytem now crashes directly to a reboot. I have stopped using the plane for now. Thx for asking. I will try to log event this tomorrow with the config tool.

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, blubusdrv said:

No, the DXGI ERROR does not appear as the sytem now crashes directly to a reboot.

Well this clearly indicates that it got nothing to do with the Airbus. Other users solve this error by using a sligthly older driver (around April) and/or by not using NvidiaInspector  anymore, which is meanwhle totally useless in combination with P3D,

Hi Guys,

Update number 2. Answering your question Dave, I did perform (with a suggestion from mopperle too - thanks) a wipe of my graphics driver before downgrading to 391.35. It seems stable and works great. Also, cleared P3D from Nvidia inspector. Then I completely uninstalled and cleared P3D down to the regedit.Then I reinstalled P3D and Aerosoft A318/319. Loaded up the plane as well as the FMS and did a quick flight. Everything worked fine (First landing - yahoo). Parked the aircraft on a taxiway and exited the game.

I got the following message upon exiting P3D:

"Content errors have been detected. See the log: C:\Users\Computer\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\ContentErrors.txt"

I opened that file up and pasted it here for you guys as I do not know what it means nor how to fix this. Again, any and all help is much appreciated.

Please login to display this image.

Update #3

I took Dave's advice on another post and uninstalled and reinstalled the a318/319 per his instructions. Deleted the shaders and rebooted. Tried P3D with several other aircraft and shut down the sim each time with no error messages. (I have No add-ons installed). Tried P3D again, this time selected A318-319. I let it load and I did nothing to it. After a few minutes I closed the sim. I got the exact same error message as before (posted above). I do NOT have EZDOC or ChasePlane or anything else installed.

I'm going to the beach now as I need to chill...

Any and all help recommended again.. Thanks

FYI: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling P3D and Aerosoft 318/319 again today and the same error appears only after installing the 318/319. Also, once again, I have no add-ons installed...Clearly an issue with the aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 6 Stunden , blubusdrv sagte:

Clearly an issue with the aircraft.

Sorry, clearly not. I experienced the issue even with no Airbus installed. In my case it happend extrem rarely, last time abou a month ago and I was not able to reproduce it.

BTW the errorlogs produced by P3D are not relevant. I suggest to turn off error loging. Use it only when somebody tells you to do so.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived