Navigation Database

• Aerosoft

Just to remind you all, the Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321 professional is delivered with the current  Lufthansa Datasystems database. 

AIRAC cycle    : 1807
Revision       : 1
Valid (from/to): 21/JUN/2018 - 18/JUL/2018

and not with an outdated database as you will find on other aircraft. So there is no need to update the database until later in July. At that time you can use Navigraph or NavdataPro of course. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Navigraph provides data from Jeppesen (https://www.navigraph.com/FmsData.aspx).

DLH and Jeppesen are two different commercial navigation data providers, which include different data into their data bases due to the different needs of their commercial customers.

• Aerosoft

As Tom said, the databases differ.

Jeppesen often has more airports out of the normal routes (certainly in Alaska etc), Lufthansa often is a tad more up to date on the major airports. For a standard user it will be very hard to see any difference and the choice is mainly determined when you also want charts. There are rather a lot of people who are not fans of the Jeppesen charts. 

You should also really look at is you want to update your database. They costs money and when you check what is new and find out there are 50 new airports in China added that are not available in the sim you might have bought a bit too much. I normally update twice a year and it is very very rare I find issues.

Yes there are many too many European and US airports in the sim and in the Jeppersons.  Some of us like to fly to many of the Chinese destinations and from Asian hubs and fortunately some of these airports may be added with Freeware software as few developers bother though there is a semi commercial landclass with airports for china in a few of the stores.  Some of these we can even use with Navigraph.

6 minutes ago, kconlon said:

Where are the nav database files located?  I'd like to update Navigraph to the new location

This is the new path: C:\Users\[Your Username]\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph

I saw that in Vol 6, 3.5 but do not see the directory nor in C:\users\...

Please login to display this image.

Navigraph isnt automatically finding the directory for this plane. I have manually selected the folders but in the sim the plane is telling me that KSFO for example isnt in the database.

3 minutes ago, Grayal said:

Navigraph isnt automatically finding the directory for this plane. I have manually selected the folders but in the sim the plane is telling me that KSFO for example isnt in the database.

It's going to need an update from Navigraph (=FMS Data Manager) before it's going to work properly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, please make sure there isn’t a second navigraph folder below:

C:\Users\[Your Username]\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph

And have you switched to navigraph in the config tool?

4 minutes ago, Grayal said:

but cant i select the folder manually and expect navigraph to work?

It depends if the format is exactly the same as it used to be. I would assume so, but I haven't tried it.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Grayal said:

but cant i select the folder manually and expect navigraph to work?

If navigraph installs the correct files yes. Not our product so we can't guarantee.

And again, no urgency, the Lufthansa database we deliver is the one for this month. It's the same one as the vast majority or real Airbusses uses.

As others have written the current Navigraph FMS Data Manager cannot find the folder, however when manually setting up the FMS data manager, and set it up to use the correct folder ("C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph"), then FMS still add a subfolder called "Navigraph" into which it install all the files. I can manually take the files from this subfolder and then it works. But I guess when Navigrah fully support the new Airbus, it will no longer create this subfolder.

Indeed, for the old Airbus they needed to put the files into the Navigraph folder and that's probably why they create this folder now.

Once they correct this everything should be working.

Archived