LSZH Red Lights

Haven't flown to LSZH in quite a while, and much to my surprise the red lights were visible from FAR away. On the ground I've noticed it's all the 'hold short' and other red lights on the apron. The only thing that has changed on my rig the last month is the P3D4.3 update and a few other sceneries, of which none of them has this anomaly.

Any reason why, and how to fix it??

Please login to display this image.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We can recreate these issue with non-default shaders only.

Unfortunately I think that most of us are either using PTA, ENVShade, or Tomato shaders and if the lights are a side-effect of one of these shaders then we just have to live with it.

But why only LSZH remains a mystery, however, IMHO the whole lighting (runways, approach, taxi etc etc) system of P3D resembles something pre-FS9 and in this instance FSX was just so much more realistic. 

• Aerosoft

I am very sorry but it is simply impossible for us to set up a dozens of computers to test every possible combinations of all of those tweak tools. We sell our software to work with the sim as advertised.  Almost 30% of our support is about these things. 90% of that is solve by resetting the sim to the way Lockheed intended it. Just this afternoon I saw a Tomatoshade profile that made all 23% of all colors pure black.  The customer claimed it was the way pilots see the world. I'm glad he was a simmer and not a pilot.

If a customer has a graphical issue we will always ask him to confirm it with standard settings so we have a chance to recreate it. If the customer is unwilling to do so, that's fine, but we can't assist a lot.

In the image of that started this thread, it shows an aircraft without any lights.That seems to suggest a lot more than lights on an airport.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The customer claimed it was the way pilots see the world. I'm glad he was a simmer and not a pilot.

[LOL] ... as a pilot myself I will agree to that :-D 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

it shows an aircraft without any lights

In defence, maybe it's just the angle but I can assure you that all lights are working on the Q400 regardless of any shader tweak applied.

BUT, as I said above ... if I have to choose between the shader effects and reds lights (only) at LSZH then I'll choose the red lights (only) at LSZH.

• Developer
9 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

GREAT!! It's fixed ... thank you so much.

:rolleyes:

Fine, did the stopbars visible on ground aslong as you are not near to them?

The stopbars should be red from distance and dimm off when you are on shorter distance (depends on the pixel size of the screen)

That they was visable from far distance seams to base on you shadertools, which handle the „allow Bloom“ material setting different then the default shaders (not correct in my view)

21 hours ago, OPabst said:

Fine, did the stopbars visible on ground aslong as you are not near to them?

Yip, they were perfect. On short finals they became more noticeable and once on the ground, as I was taxiing, they were clearly visible.

As above mentioned, the whole light system of P3D4 needs serious optimization and maybe a whole new way of displaying approach, runway and taxi lights. At some airports it works to turn HDR off to have decent approach/runway/taxi lights but that messes with all the other cockpit and landing lights. As a pilot myself doing regular night landings these white lines for runway lights at the same intensity and the approach lights barely visible until short finals are very unrealistic. In this regard, XP11 are light-years (pun intended) ahead of P3D.

• Developer

Ok, thanks for the feedback. The Runway and Approach lights in Zürich are not done be me and so different from the other Professional Airport, like EGLL, EDDF, LEBL or LEPA for example. There the visibility should be better, when you have one of them, maybe you can compare them.

But, you are right, a better simbased system for the Lights would be nice, the Afcad Lights are not helpful yet and simply not configurable in all needed variations.

Archived