Installation of the Aerosoft scenario

Miguel_V

I have long wanted to ask the following question in this forum Aerosoft. Not even a week ago I reformatted all disks, and then perform a reinstallation starting from ' Clean ' OS Win10 64Bits (updated), applications, utilities, Drivers (graphics, keyboard, Motherboard...) Games and as last Flight Simulator Prepar3D v 4.3

In the simulator I have databases of Airac of Navigraph and the Charts of Navigraph and by NavData Pro ie use Charts Jeppsen and Lido, all paid on the date that expires annual access, well, whenever I have installed scenarios of the two types Mega and normal bought s in Aerosoft, at the end of the installation always asks me ' If I want to install the Chart Viewer NDP charts ' to what I say NO, because I have paid I installed, so I do not need to install it again.

My surprise from the first day, is that even saying NO, is installed in a folder of a hidden directory of the root disk, a number of PDF files, corresponding to the stage installed within a hidden folder identified with the ICAO ID of the scenario, which At the end (currently I will need to install some 7 scenarios of about 20 purchased in Aerosoft) occupy a negligible amount of space in the root disk, in my case an M2, not giving me the option to never tell me if I want to install those PDFs , that I will never use, for that I already have Navigraph charts and NDP charts.

The PDF any of the users of scenarios of aerosoft you will find them in: *

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaning\.ndp-chartcloud\offline\

* Note: In the File Explorer in Windows, very important to have activated Viewer the hidden files, without that it will not be able to access to that folder from .....\<User>\.....

One solution I would propose is to give the option of not or if you install those PDFs if the user when installing the scenario with ' installation Wizard '.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting finding, never was aware that the charts are been installed, even when you say No.

By means of this ' excellent ' application to sort ' Layer ' the scenarios, these are those that I installed in Prepar3D v 4.3 and at the moment I have no problem of operation.

Please login to display this image.

And as I explained earlier, this is the ' folder ' hidden in what you see the ICAO ID folders full of PDF 500 files that occupy me a 40MB in the disc M2.... C: As I'm a bit fair... I make the decision to delete everything because it does not affect the operation.

Please login to display this image.

Archived