Two questions

lh777

1) Occasionally during the flight the anemometer resets temporarily (I guess it is the simulation of the icy pitot) despite the pitot heat turned on. It's normal?

2) the initial climb, after having retracted the flaps, even at high take-off weights, can easily reach 3500 ft / min below 10000ft. Is it correct or is there too much power? Naturally I set the maximum thrust of climbing: for example with RAT +40 I have EPR 1.52.

• Developer
1 hour ago, lh777 said:

1) Occasionally during the flight the anemometer resets temporarily (I guess it is the simulation of the icy pitot) despite the pitot heat turned on. It's normal?

Can you clarify what you mean? Are you saying that you occasionally lose your airspeed indication with pitot heat turned on? If, so, I have never seen this, although someone did report that happening in an email to me. Do you have a key press or button set for pitot heat? Maybe you are inadvertently turning it on and off? 

1 hour ago, lh777 said:

2) the initial climb, after having retracted the flaps, even at high take-off weights, can easily reach 3500 ft / min below 10000ft. Is it correct or is there too much power? Naturally I set the maximum thrust of climbing: for example with RAT +40 I have EPR 1.52.

I don't have data for time to climb to altitudes below 20,000 feet except for one set that has very different numbers (for higher altitudes) than my other sets and also doesn't use the correct speeds. None of the tables in fact are very consistent for time to climb. So it's hard to know for sure.  But certainly the time to climb to cruise altitudes are within the range of times given in my real world tables.  Make sure you don't let your speed exceed 250 knots under 10,000 feet and the rate of climb should not get too high. 

Archived