Steam edition

Owenam

Hey guys,

My buddy and I are trying to connect to cfd... our ports are both pinging everything is good, proper procedures, everything... however we cannot connect to each other, itl just say 'Not connected' on both ends... Were both using steam edition and I'm just wondering if that's the problem as I've seen discussion about it...

cheers

2 hours ago, Owenam said:

Hey guys,

My buddy and I are trying to connect to cfd... our ports are both pinging everything is good, proper procedures, everything... however we cannot connect to each other, itl just say 'Not connected' on both ends... Were both using steam edition and I'm just wondering if that's the problem as I've seen discussion about it...

cheers

I'm sorry to hears you're having difficulties.  With so many different systems and associated software, it's difficult to know what the problem is however I've pinned the OVPA Connected Flight Deck and Troubleshooting Guides to the top of the Connected Flight Deck forum.  Please go through them, we've found that doing so will solve 98% of all issues.

Please let me know how things work out for you.

Best wishes.

On 6/26/2018 at 1:23 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm sorry to hears you're having difficulties.  With so many different systems and associated software, it's difficult to know what the problem is however I've pinned the OVPA Connected Flight Deck and Troubleshooting Guides to the top of the Connected Flight Deck forum.  Please go through them, we've found that doing so will solve 98% of all issues.

Please let me know how things work out for you.

Best wishes.

Thanks for your help, 

We have flicked through all OVPA guides and haven't found any effect. On previous posts, you have mentioned that aerosoft airbus models bought off steam have issues with connected flight deck. Would that be the problem?

Thanks

I am so sorry... I didn't see the title of your post as I clicked on a forum monitoring link that was sent to my email.

You are absolutely correct, the Connected Flight Deck does not work with the Steam version of the Airbus X.  This being the case, I recommend you request a refund from Steam (you can cite this message if you'd like) and then (again, if you like) purchase the Airbus directly from Aerosoft.  This is what others have done.

Note:  The Airbus Professional (for P3DV4) is coming out in a few weeks, and if there is anyway you can change to P3DV4 then believe me you'll really appreciate it!  Connected Flight Deck won't be included in the Airbus Professional until around Service Pack 1, but the wait is worth it as it will then be a server based connection.

But if you want to stick with FSX (nothing wrong with that) then I would get the refund from Steam and purchase the Airbus X from Aerosoft.

So anyway, you have a few things to consider.

Best wishes!

• 1 month later...

Archived