S340 Battery and FMS-question

janjoensson

Hi!

Bought the Carenado S340 yesterday through Aerosoft and I think it is a very good aircraft. However I have two issues:

1. On ground, without engines running but with external power on, after a few minutes all electricity go out, impossible to do anything but to reload the simulator. What am I doing wrong? 

2. After a flight from departure to arrival airport, how can I get the FMS to reset, so it is possible to enter a new flightplan, withput restarting the simulator?

Best regards

Jan Jönsson

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since Carenado is the developer and Aerosoft is only a retailer on this, I suggest you ask at Carenado support. It’s not likely the peer support you’ll get here will result in a quick answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply!

Since I asked the question here, I thought it could be good that I also give the answer I got from Carenado support, if anyone else had this problem:

1. The electricity/battery problem has to do with how P3D4 handles turboprop planes. So the issue could not be supported by Carenado. However, my own solution to get rid of this problem was to put in the line "electric_always_available=1" in the aircraft.cgf file. Perhaps not very realistic, but it makes the plane flyable again.

2. The FMS in the SF340 is not very advanced, you only have to enter new departure and arrival airports and then you are ready to go with a new flight plan, very easy.

The Saab is a joy to fly, can highly recommend it.

Best regards

Jan Jönsson

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for sharing the answer. Since it’s sold by Aerosoft, posting that helps our customers.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived