CRj 700 causing CPU spike

Hey guys looking for some help.  

I just bought the CRJ 700/900 and love the plane.  The only problem I am having is when something (graphics) changes abruptly or I move to look somewhere else then my FPS drops form the 40's to under 10 then goes back up.  This also correlates to my cpu usage to spike to 100% at the same time.  My GPU never goes over 50%.  My FPS goes stays over 80 outside the cockpit and whenever I am just sitting and the scenery isn't moving my FPS will remain constant.  I noticed this the first time I installed it and it did this, so I read around the forums and I did a complete wipe of everything and reinstalled windows along with FSX and the CRJ (actually did this twice).  Still i get same results.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

MSI X470 Motherboard

16 GB DDR 4 RAM

Radeon RX 550 4GB GDDR5 video card

250 GB M2 SSD

2 TB HDD        

After wiping my hard drive and reinstalling windows and everything else I still have the same problem.  But I did do some more testing and found out that it just isn't this plane it is any plane within the game.  My CPU tends to spike every minute or so.  All threads and cores will spike to 100%.  Any idea what can cause this.  I only notice on this PC that I just built.  The last PC I used had a dual core processor and just about always stayed at 100% so I never noticed.  

Watch your Task Manager (Processes tab) to see what is using the cpu when it spikes.   Or download a program like Process Explorer, which is a little more in depth.

That's what I have been doing and it's been coming from fsx.  All cores have spiked to 100% every 60 seconds or so.  What I did find to work was to go into task manager and  set the affinity to either 3 or 4 cores out of twelve and now only those spike but my frame rate never drops below 25.  I have read that fsx  performs a lighting texture refresh every 61 seconds which causes the spikes.  By limiting the amount of cores fsx uses seems to help my problem.  I have been messing with this for days now.  

You may already know about this, but there is also a program you can download called Process Lasso which you can experiment with -- it allows better control of what cores each app uses -- I used it when I flew FSX.

Archived