System crashes

Unknown 18

Hi looking for help new to this.

I brought the Rotterdam X add-on for my fsx steam and also brought the crj 700/900 X when ever I try to create a flight plan using the FMS go to deposit/art index and click on arrival for Rotterdam fsx freezes then shuts down back to my deck top. 

also if I fly to this airport the moment a runway is in sight again it freezes and shuts down fsx 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Dominic 

Just to add on the computer final let me load up to take of at Rotterdam but the add-on is missing just have a grey striped for a runway that is it. No lights no marking 

Scenery does not seem to work at all. I done the same with air bus a320 And again it crashed 

I used another default plane and selected Rotterdam to take off from no scenery just the standard default airport. Must be a problem with the Rotterdam add on. 

Both crj and a320 working fine when selecting a flight plan to any other airports.

Would a delete and reinstall be my best bet first?

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, Unknown 18 said:

Scenery does not seem to work at all. I done the same with air bus a320 And again it crashed 

I used another default plane and selected Rotterdam to take off from no scenery just the standard default airport. Must be a problem with the Rotterdam add on. 

Both crj and a320 working fine when selecting a flight plan to any other airports.

I would for sure try a re-install.

vor 15 Stunden , Unknown 18 sagte:

don't just delete - uninstall!! - then check if all folders and files are "away" - then reboot - then reinstall!

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Unknown 18 said:

Sorry not sure what u mean AI and CTD? 

Full explanation: A defective Artificial Intelligence (AI) model can lead to a Crash to Desktop (CTD)." In more words, the suggestion was that if the models used by the aircraft traffic (air carrier and general aviation) your sim generates (called AI or AI traffic) are defective/corrupted, that can cause crashes. If you have an add-on AI traffic program you installed, that would be something to turn off as part of your troubleshooting. If you haven't and only use the AI traffic that comes with your sim, than you can eliminate the suggestion by data63. If you installed one once and later "uninstalled" it, that's a common CTD cause. Especially if you simply deleted folders instead of using the uninstaller provided by the program or uninstalled using the Windows Control Panel. That's the other point data63 made.

Archived