Iceland & Keflavik compatibility

helikopeter

Dear Aerosoft Team,

I am very interested in the Iceland & Keflavik scenery pack especially that it's on sale now, but I see that FSX Steam Edition is not listed as a compatible sim on it's shop page. Is it only because the install routes are different or does it need to be compiled differently? Could I install it to a temporary folder and manually insert it into Steam's folder structure? Or is it planned maybe to release a compatible installer alongside a P3D version in the near future?

Thank you,

Peter

Thanks Mathijs and data63, I'm gonna take a look at Orbx as it's freeware but I fear it will be too heavy for my computer. I'm more interested in the airports though, I would love to do quick domestic flights all over the island. 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, 

I went ahead and bought Iceland X during last week's discount. So far I have checked out Reykjavík, Akureyri and Grímsey. It seems to be working perfectly in FSX SE both day and night. It even found the steam install folder during installing. I'm very happy with it, brings back fond memories of a vacation. 

Maybe this post will help in the future if someone googles compatibility.

Peter

Archived