32bit - No ground air

SLKVP

First of all , big THANK YOU for this great DC-8. I like a lot and (hand)flies very nicely. 

I have created an FSX keyboard button press (Ctrl+T) and a Joystivk button shortcut for the Tail Hook. 

Using any of the combinations the FSX-message  Tailhook extanding/retracting DOES appear but 'MANFLD AIR PRESS' indication remains lit and 'Manifold Air PRess' gauge remains at 0 (both L/R) needles. 

Couldn't find a relevant hint in the manual

All the above while EXT AIR is connected. 

Config: WIN 7 - FSX SP2

Kind Regards

Sam

P.S.: In general I prefer click spots or a 2D pop-up panel for external power/air functionalities rather than key/button combinations. 

I thing I found the problem.

I got my user profile folder is not in OS drive, so the tool has trouble finding it. 

What should I add in DLL.XML regarding 'XMLTools.dll' to make it work ? 

Please login to display this image.

I added the following and I got two  prompts to RUN it while loading DC-8 .(Answered yes on both) 

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

Ground Air is not working  (Pop-up Flight planner does)

I uninstalled - restarted PC, re-installed - restarted PC. 

Still, No Ground Air 

All installations and uniiinstallations took place with AV off. 

DLL.XML file contents are correct (WRT XMLTools.dll).

• Developer

External air is not dependent on XMLTools (although several other systems do need it).  When I use a key command for tail hook up/down I don't get any FSX message. 

Does the external air cart sound play? The pressure won't come up right away.  If the sound plays you will hear the external air turbine spooling up before the pressure comes up.  I think it takes about 15 seconds.

The code for this is very simple -- maybe you are using the wrong command?  Or perhaps try with a key press instead of a joystick button.  Let us know if you still can't get it working.

A number of people have requested a pop-up panel for this.  I will likely make one - probably when the cargo version is released.  I will try to include it with the FSX version, but only if I can add a click spot without causing graphics problems - the VC model is close to the limit of possible complexity in FSX.

Michael, thanks for replying..

3 hours ago, Michael2 said:

External air is not dependent on XMLTools (although several other systems do need it).  When I use a key command for tail hook up/down I don't get any FSX message. 

OK about XMLTools. I get message only for Tail Hook but not Wing Fold. I don't disable fsx messages

3 hours ago, Michael2 said:

Does the external air cart sound play? The pressure won't come up right away.  If the sound plays you will hear the external air turbine spooling up before the pressure comes up.  I think it takes about 15 seconds.

No Sound. I know pressure takes some seconds to built-up. I looked  also at this DC-8 video.

4 hours ago, Michael2 said:

he code for this is very simple -- maybe you are using the wrong command?  Or perhaps try with a key press instead of a joystick button.  Let us know if you still can't get it working.

I tried both. doesn't work. and assigned key is not used in other utility add-on outside FSX.

I  have tried T, Ctrl-T, Ctrl-M.

Please login to display this image.

4 hours ago, Michael2 said:

A number of people have requested a pop-up panel for this.  I will likely make one - probably when the cargo version is released.  I will try to include it with the FSX version, but only if I can add a click spot without causing graphics problems - the VC model is close to the limit of possible complexity in FSX.

It is OK with pop-up! do not bother with the limitations of 32bit VC. 

Besides DLL.XML file (which needs to be edited) is there any other file related to DC-8 that should be placed in  '<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX'

folder ? 

maybe there is the problem.

Hello,

I have made a small pop up panel for these two functions but will not post it without consent

because this is not a freeware forum.

However, I do not think that is will solve your problem.

My two switches switch on ground power, Ctrl+W (water rudder(up/down)) and external air, 

Shift+Q (Tail hook (Up/down)). The switches also move (of course) when those key strokes are made.

Your problem seems to be that your keyboard command is not working or the aircraft is not correctly

installed.

Not once during my use of either the 64 or 32 bit models have I seen the green tail hook message.

If you expect wing fold to do anything, it does not.

My thanks to Michael for a seamless 32 bit version.

I have the same issue as SLKVP...........    the key assignment works for the external power but not for the air.........  I also see the tailhook message scroll across the top of the screen when i use the key stroke.  No external air sound and no pressure reading.  

FSX SP1 and 2

Windows 10

Luv the DC-8

• Developer

Maybe it's something to do with Acceleration which is the version I have.  I'll make a model with another command and post a link on the forum today.

• Developer

Here is a link to a new file that may fix the problem:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dMgDbh456LSbe4jANqKu9l71Sla4G4v_  If I linked it correctly, you will get a file called Logic2.

The file goes in DC-8_50/Panel/DC81 .

Back up the original.  

You will still use the tail hook command.  The code now references the tail hook position instead of the tail hook handle.  Let me know if it works as I can't test it since I have the Acceleration version.

For all non-Acceleration users there will be another issue.  Acceleration uses a much better system for drag rise due to Mach in the air file.  I'm not sure how the cruise table power settings will perform without Acceleration -- you may find the cruise power settings don't give you a very accurate cruise speed. 

Actually you link to the contents of the file, but got it saved.

SO: Ground PNEUMATIC PRESSURE above 30 PSI :):boingy_s:

FSX SP2 - Problem Solved. 

Thank you Michael !!!!

Sam

Archived