A lot of runways when selecting airport view LSZH

maxro

When I was flying from EGLL to LSZH, on approach I wanted to see the different runways, but in the view selector (see attached) I found a lot of runways: a lot of them not even real! On the P3D map I also see them. 

What should I do?

Please login to display this image.

vor 2 Stunden , maxro sagte:

When I was flying from EGLL to LSZH, on approach I wanted to see the different runways, but in the view selector (see attached) I found a lot of runways: a lot of them not even real! On the P3D map I also see them. 

What should I do?

Please login to display this image.

Most likely this has to do with the AFX file (Afcad) as it might have been modified so that all runways can be used (e.g. runway 28 and 16 for takeoffs and 14 for landings). This is necesssary because Zurich has a crossing runway and without this kind of runway programming, it's not possible to use all of them

• Developer

The answer you get before is correct, a workaround to get cross runway.

Just select the runway you need (without L,R or C) and ignore the others.

Or use the configtool of Zurich and select the standard Afcad option without crossing in use.

• 2 weeks later...

What's that list of airports used for anyway? Not sure why you'd want to view the runway outside when trying to land!
The only time the x-wind RWY tweak is annoying is for ATIS readouts, but many 3rd party weather programs offer their own ATIS which is independent of AFCAD runways.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:05 AM, Sam Arnold said:

What's that list of airports used for anyway?

Sometimes, when flying offline, I check the frequencies, if I can't access my charts. 

Archived