Some sceneries install in wrong folder after a resintall of p3d to another location

Senchay

Hello.

Following thing: I had previously installed the Dev version of p3d into the location E: P3DV4. Now after a year i switched to Academic and had to reinstall for this reason (no, just enter Academic key on Dev Install doesnt work...) but this time i installed it to D: P3D. I uninstalled the Airports before of course, as well as did a full deinstallation of P3d, including all the folders/files in the 4 or 5 different places inside the windows userfolder structure etc.

So now im about to reinstall my airports and found that half of the AS ones install still the old location. Whenever i install some of the AS sceneries it first creates a additional P3d folder on the old location, as well as the folder Ecosystem/Aerosoft etc and places the files here instead of the new P3d location.

Examples are Milano Malpensa Pro and Stuttgart Pro for the ones install to wrong location.

German Aiports Hamburg V4 as well as Oslo 2.0 and Berlin Tegel install to the right location.

So now i have 2 P3d folders again where half of AS scenery is in the one and the rest in the other. If there is the option to choose folder this is no problem (but still not right of course) but if not then one is screwed basically.

@OPabst

Something for you maybe? SInce it affects LIMC too.

Oh btw, in Win10 Pro if one has latest updates i cannot deinstall the LIMC via the "new" Apps&Features" List. One has to go to the old "Installed Programs" list to deinstall there. Otherwise this pops up

Please login to display this image.

So here you see what i mean. In this window itself i could not uninstall. But if you look right, in the old-style program-list it works.

Please login to display this image.

I think its a bit unclear and i forgot to add something...

Of course one can get around this double folder thing by simply choose another location on install (if the installer allows...). It seems to take the old location out of some reg-key and pre-selects that one instead of the new install location. So instead of like E: P3D/Ecosystem/Aerosoft/etcetc it chooses the old E: P3DV4/Ecosystem/Aerosoft/etcetc and inserts this as pre-selected install location. 

Now surely one can simply choose the right location, as long the installer allows to change folder. So i made the topic not becaus i have a problem but to inform you of that.

Also the other thing, in the case its installed this way (outside p3d) one cannot de-install it by the windows Apps & Features but via the old Programm list.

All this is only happening with some airports not all of Aerosoft.

Archived