Belfast to Nice Cote D'Azur in a 727

Beautiful video as always!! Amazing!!

Did you observe noise pollution procedures for Nice arrival by avoiding French beach coast and city of Nice by flying above water and then make sharp right turn toward runway?

Regards,

Aharon

3 hours ago, Aharon said:

Did you observe noise pollution procedures for Nice arrival by avoiding French beach coast and city of Nice by flying above water and then make sharp right turn toward runway?

Thank you very much Aharon! I was unaware of this interesting approach. I expedited a straight in ILS 04L approach with was uber boring ( glideslope at 4000 ft! ...I nearly fell asleep) :lol:

I have written the RNAV TIPIK 1A approach for FSATC. I hope to show you my skillz at this approach. B)

Thanks again for putting Nice on challenging approaches map for me! :wub: 

Please login to display this image.

Yep  the rule is that planes are not allowed to fly over France or French beaches or Nice due to noise pollution (very wealthy people in Nice can get upset if they hear noise).  They have to fly above water 2 or 3 miles off beach coast and then make sharp right turn to runway like I did in my previous flight as seen on this screenshot below

Please login to display this image.

Another video showing proof of AVOIDING French city and beaches while flying above waters and then making sharp left turn to runway

Archived