Mallorca Evo: Very strange Runway/Taxiway lights LEPA

hi there,

I get very strange/ugly runway and taxiway lights on LEPA with the Mallorca Evolution Scenery. See screenshot attached.

I use P3D v4.2 with Envtex/Envshade and FTX Global.

Any Idea what causes this? 

Thx,

Stu

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Please check, if HDR is active, this could generate problems, Malloca EVOLUTION is not fully P3D V4 compatible.

For the full V4 support, please check the Professional Version here: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/prepar3d/sceneries/2406/balearic-islands-professional-mallorca?number=AS14387

Well, that's a surprise. What do you mean "not fully P3D v4 compatible"???? I explicitly checked before buying and it sais that it in fact is compatible with P3D v4 on the website ("Version 1.05: mit P3D V4 kompatibel")...!!

I would expect this to be true....

BTW Oliver, I really miss AES in P3D ;)

BG

Stu

• Developer

Ok, at this time, the Version 1.05 of Mallorca Evo was a fix to make the FSX, FSX:SE, P3D V2 Version released 2015 usable in P3D V4 too, but based on the function and technologie available at release time. That means more or less, the Installer is compatible to install it in P3D and all features the product was designed for, are usable.

The P3D V4 specific SDK features (HDR, Shadows, Dynamic lights) was not part of the free update to V1.05 and never part of the specifications.

The definitions on the product page are in responsibility of Aerosoft, so I am out here.

So it seems aerosoft's communication is a bit misleading here. For me, "compatible" means that I can the software without restrictions and fully functional in P3D v4. I mean, where's the line here? You can't say it will install in P3Dv4 but it doesn't work with the features of v4. That's not what compatible means IMHO. 

Guess I'll have to stick to daytime flying then. Sad.

• Developer

Yes, the problem of the definition, what compatible mean.

To clear it up, now there is a Product available, that define this clear, because it is designed to be full featured for P3D V4 based on that SDK, not only "compatible" ;) (and not anymore "compatible" to older Sim versions, like FSX or P3D v2/3)

Archived