First impressions and a few bugs

Cyberstudio

Hi guys!

So i finally got the plane a few days ago to learn how to fly it while the cargo version arrives. The plane has a great value. I love the sounds and the modelling (specially the vc). i'm not a fan of the "Like new" look, since these planes are really old by now, but i can understand that they where new too in their time. The handling its amazing as well as the engine lag. I love the fact that you can turn the VC lights at any time, not only at night. That was a must for me. The system modelling is great too. as i said: this offers a lot of value for the money.

A few things that i don't like: The product is focused so much in normal procedures that there' s no wiggle room. For example: The cross feed in the fuel panel is not modeled, nor are the fire extinguishers etc. I do hope that the dev maybe increases the complexity a bit more, at least giving us the fuel cross feed. Also, while the product simulates external power/external air there are no visible carts for those and you have to use shortcut keys to activate them since there' s no panel to do so. Something like what the guys from the maddog did should be amazing here.

The documentation is very good but the lack of screenshots make it really difficult to follow in a plane with such an amount of switches everywhere and so little automation. To give you an example, i'm yet to find the ground spoilers. Screenshots for the tutorial and the system descriptions can improve the documentation quite a lot. Take the fuel system as an example: The possibility of screwing things up with the fuel system is so big that i'm surprised the documentation doesn't have pictures/diagrams at least for the fuel system.

As for bugs, i found one quite curious: The fuel gauges have a small knob on the upper right corner to adjust a small needle. If the needle reaches the limit but you keep scrolling the knob lets say for a minute, you will need to scroll back for a minute too in order to get the needle moving again. Its like while the needle has reached its maximum value, the underlying variable associated with it can be increased anyway.

In the sounds department, the only bug that i found so far is that if the flaps are retracted and you push the retract button anyway, the sound plays too as if the lever is moving, but its not since the flaps are up.

With the panel night light i found a few labels that are not illuminated but i dont know if that's a bug or if the real plane is like that too. Also, while trying to see if the engines can be seen from the cockpit, i found a hole behind the FE panel.

I think that's all for now. As i said, the plane is great and offers a great value. I cant wait for the cargo version to arrive.

Thanks a lot @Michael2 for such a great product. I love to see that you continue improving it.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, Cyberstudio said:

In the sounds department, the only bug that i found so far is that if the flaps are retracted and you push the retract button anyway, the sound plays too as if the lever is moving, but its not since the flaps are up.

That's really interesting.  I was unable to reproduce this on my DC-8.  Then I played around with it, trying to use the mouse wheel to alter the flap lever positions, and indeed I heard the sound as you mention.  I never activate flaps in that way, so I had never run into that before.

I too like the Jet Trader version of this aircraft.

• Developer

You raise some valid points and I will add some of these items to the fix list for the next update.  Things like an air cart model and panel for external power and air I would put into the "enhancement" category of things to consider once the 32 bit and cargo versions are released.  The 32 bit versions are done now save for testing and building the installers.

There will not be much in the way of enhancement for 32 bit.  There are limits to how complex the VC can be before graphic corruption occurs and the aircraft is currently right at the edge of that limit.  64 bit is another story and there is room for additional functionality on that platform.  

Archived