Start Position with Multiple Sceneries

phila

Hello,

I run Simstarter NG for FSX  For some airports I have two different sceneries.  For example I have Heathrow from two different vendors.  I have used scenery sets so only one is active at a time.  However, if I use the 'start position' option, and select a gate, the aircraft is not lined up correctly at the gate.  I have re-run Makerunways through the refresh airports option, but this has not made a difference.  Looking at the SimstartNG log, it appears that 'refresh airports' activates all the sceneries first and then runs MakeRwys.  As a result Simstarter NG positions the  aircraft according to the location in the scenery with the highest priority in Scenery.cfg, even if this scernery is inactive.

Am I doing something wrong?  Can I run 'refresh airports' for only the active scenery?  If not, is there another way to position an aircraft at the correct location for a gate where there is another scenery layer inactive at a higher level for the same airport?

Thanks for your assistance.

• Developer

Thank you for your topic. In your specfic setting I have no idea to handle it with SIMstarter NG. "Refresh Airports" for sure activates all Sceneries to not mismatch the results for 99,999% of all other users.

My only advice would be using two Scenery.cfg files - not the best but it would work. Or simple move the Layer but this is time consuming as well.

Sorry.

OK, I understand.  I have used two Scenery.cfg as an interim, I will carry on in this way.  I had wondered whether I missed something.

Regards,

Archived