P3D

CaptainLHKLM

Hi guys,

Just a quick touch-and-go question from me. P3D looks pretty enticing to me (an X-Plane user), especially for the wide-bodies. But does LM or Microsoft not really mind it being used with e.g. the Academic version, or just P3D in general? I can imagine that some of us are helping LM make an even better sim for the 'professionals', by using it.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What about the FSX rights Dovetail have.  Still selling well and money from DLC continues so I am sure Microsoft takes a cut of that.

But surely Dovetail knows that most simmers in this hobby for the long run aren't going to use FSX Steam Edition...

I just don't really know if P3D V4 is worth the investment at this point. I'd absolutely love some KLM long hauls (with FlyTampa's beautiful EHAM), but as I still go to school any money towards this hobby better be spent well; and also my PC is kinda old for P3D. I have an i7-4770, 16GB of DDR3 RAM and a GTX970. I feel that X-Plane might give me more for the components than P3D, or am I wrong? P3D feels a bit old? It's just the widebody fleet I miss...

• 1 month later...

@Tom A320I guess I just want to be sure, definitely as I want to become a pilot; any legal problems would be a huge issue. I know LM doesn't care (well they do seem pretty strict when purchasing regarding EULAs), but I don't want any 3rd party to care.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, but Aerosoft can't give you legal advice here. They can just relay to you what LM told them, and that's what Mathijs did. 

If you want/need to be 100%  sure you need to ask LM, not Aerosoft. 

@Tom A320I've asked them when I used V3, all they did was link me to the EULA page. It's like they don't care, but they put up this front so they don't get into problems. But if they told Mathijs that then I'm about 5 minutes away from purchasing V4 :P

Archived