P3Dv4.2 and install path ?

Richard Portier

Hi,

I want to buy this aircraft. I saw she's compatible P3Dv4.1. I guess she's compatible P3Dv4.2 ? Thank you to confirm.

Thank you also to confirm that the aircraft can be installed elsewhere than in C:\Users\*********\Documents (important).

Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, runs fine under 4.2

The installer currently uses the old methode and installs under P3D/Ecosystem. But with the upcoming Sp1 the new add-on.xml methode will be used.

46 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Yes, runs fine under 4.2

The installer currently uses the old methode and installs under P3D/Ecosystem. But with the upcoming Sp1 the new add-on.xml methode will be used.

Thanks for answering...

Namely? For example currently I have the Aerosoft F-14 installed in :
C:\Users\Portier\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft F-14 Extended (add-on.xml). Good!
...in
E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft\F-14 Extended with the main files Texture, Fonts, SimObjects and so on...Very good !
...and in :
E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\F-14A with documentation and so on...Good !

The problem is that for example the Maddog not to name it, found nothing better than to automatically install all the files in both :
C:\Users\Portier\Documents\Maddog X Files (1.10GB)...
...and in:

C:\Users\Portier\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MaddogX (1.44GB) !!!

Which many users have criticized including me.

Please, can you confirm me that the main files ( Texture, Fonts, SimObjects and so on...) of the An-2 updated will not be on C: whatever folder (I want to have the choice)? Excepted of course some documentations or XML files if necessary...

Thank you again and Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

The new XML method will allow you to install all files exactly where you want to have them. That's one of the reasons why LM introduced it ;) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nothing to add to what Tom said. Regarding the AN-2 I have to correct myself:

in tne Ecosystem folder only the doceumants have bben installed, everything else installed under C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

40 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The new XML method will allow you to install all files exactly where you want to have them. That's one of the reasons why LM introduced it ;) 

I know the new XML method (good method). But things begin to go south with some developers (Maddog and now according to one user on Avsim "Just Flight Traffic Global") who decided to automatically put, without the user having the choice, all the main program in C:\Users\Portier\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.
Hence my question ;)

Regards,

33 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Nothing to add to what Tom said. Regarding the AN-2 I have to correct myself:

in tne Ecosystem folder only the doceumants have bben installed, everything else installed under C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

or E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons if I desire it and if I understood the answer correctly ?

Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

The AS installers that support the XML method allow you to choose the location exactly to your liking.

Archived