first and last waypoint to close to the airport

Dear all

hope i have not seen a similar topic whichw as already discussed. if yes please let me know where to find it if not perhaps someone can help

creating a flightplan in FPEX the first and last waypoint is to close to the airport and cannot be deleted. i am using PF3 and this causes issues.

Any suggestion how i can overcome this issue

first waypoint should be 10 miles from DES and last waypoint should be 15 miles from DES Airport

i am adding a flightplan   KJFK-KMSP   one file shows what i get when i put in DEP  - DES airport.

the other one with waypoints both showing the first an dlast waypoing to close to the airports

thanks for your support

werner

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

PF3 can be a real pain to create flight plans for.  I have sort of given up using it for this reason.

Make a separate plan for PF3.  Make your first plan for you and the aircraft, save it, then modify a copy of it for PF3.  I can only suggest you make the flight plan with the required waypoints manually - i.e. do not select a SID or STAR in PFPX and add the required waypoints into your plan manually that fit with PF3's distance expectations.  You can do this by looking at your SID/STAR charts and selecting the waypoints you want as appropriate for PF3.

Someone else may have other ideas, but that is the way I did it.

Cheers,

Rudy

Rudy

thanks for your fast reply. the issue is the first waypoint  DEP   1.6 nm and the last KMSP/12R   3NM. which you can not delete. In case i use your suggested option with the side i can overdome the Deprture issue but in this case the flight plan brings me back to the waypoing DEP. At DES i can not add any waypoint between the waypoint which is 3NM from the airport.

any other suggestion would be very much appreciated

thanks

werner

Archived