CRJ CTD since purchase, no completed flight as yet

I bought the CRJ last month and, as per my title, I have yet to land it... anywhere!

When viewing my Windows 10 Home Edition Problems Reports after each CTD, it shows APPCRASH caused P3Dv4.2 to CTD (I kept an archive of these crashes so I can provide them to support).

It is the only airplane causing this problem (I have the Aerosoft DC8, PMDG 737, 747, 777, FSLabs A320, Majestic Q400).

Each CTD happened at different times in the flight - but always in flight -, sometimes during climb, sometimes during cruise, or initial descent like today. P3Dv4 would suddenly hang, I get the blue wheel in the centre of my screen and that's it.

Could I please get in touch with someone from the support team to investigate further, understand and resolve the issue.

Hotfix has been applied.

My specifications are: i7 8700 K OC at 4.5 stable, EVGA Nvidia 1070GTX, 32GB RAM, SDD 1TB Samsung.

Thank you.

On 11.05.2018 at 3:20 PM, Thor said:

Have you done a flight without putting your departure and arrival airport in the fms ?

No, each flight plan was input as per requirement meaning that there is departure airport and an arrival one.

18 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@Jean-Claudethe CRJ has some issues with certain approaches and/or routes.

Best way to test your system is to try to fly a simple circuit around an airport by entering only DEP/ARR runways with no SID/STAR.

I don't recall users complaining about CTD's a lot with this aircraft and if they have a CTD, it was due to bugs in the FMS e.g. some "circle to land" procedures. Since you don't have any issues with other aircrafts, i suspect that kind of FMS bug.

You said you did also apply the 1.0.6 patch. Just for the record: you fully installed 1.0.5 and then copied the 1.0.6 patch over it. Correct?

I am not using circle to land approaches, generally ILS approaches, but until now I have yet to be able to make a single approach, my last CTD was on initial descent...

Patches have been applied as instructed.

• Developer
On 11.5.2018 at 12:08, Jean-Claude sagte:

it shows APPCRASH caused P3Dv4.2 to CTD (I kept an archive of these crashes so I can provide them to support).

Please do. Everything else is just guessing.

This is taken from one my posts  ... just wondering if it is simliar to your problem ..

Ok then, having done a clean install of P3Dv4.2 and the CRJ 1.05 later updating to 1.06, i think i have worked out why i have these CTD ... after doing a lot of flights, first with default airports later with addon airports, with weather, without weather, with AI, without AI and in different places around the world here is what i found out ..

1. Did 5 flights with NO FMC input and NO ILS on approach = OK

2. Did 5 flights with NO FMC input with ILS approach = OK

3. Did 5 flights with FMC input and NO ILS approach = CTD on approach or near the airport

4. Did 5 flights with FMC input and ILS approach = CTD on approach/finals

FMC input was just the departure airport and the arrival airport .. (direct to)

so it seems to be something with FMC or NAV not sure which or maybe both , i get no clues anywhere when it CTD .. 

I have never had any problems on the earlier version of the CRJ 

Hope this helps in some way ^_^

Thank you all for the feedback. I will attempt today again a full un-install and re-install (once more) including both hot fixes and in case of further problem, I will provide Hans with my Windows CTD reports.

Thor, FYI, I never had a chance to input any ILS (yet) since I never got into the final phase of my flights when the landing RWY is selected, so that's out of the picture. When inputing my flight plans into the FMC, I follow the normal procedure, filling up pages in the right sequence, my flights were KORD-CYYZ (crash after fifteen minutes in cruise), CYYZ-CYUL (crash on cruise altitude), CYUL-KBOS (crash initial descent), CYUL-KDCA (crash on cruise). 

• Developer
vor 8 Stunden , Jean-Claude sagte:

I will attempt today again a full un-install and re-install

I'm sorry, but that is just a waste of time. If any file that could actually cause a crash (and that's just ASCRJ.dll) would be damaged or otherwise corrupt, it would not even load. The same would happen, if the C++ redistributables were corrupt or missing btw. If either problem occurs, the cockpit will stay dark and the yokes point to the far left. If you see displays and the yokes are centered, your files are fine.

The only thing that can cause issues are saved aircraft states (.crj files in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files) that were created with an old version. In this case, just delete the .crj file or create a new flight file to overwrite the old one.

• Developer
vor 19 Stunden , Thor sagte:

1. Did 5 flights with NO FMC input and NO ILS on approach = OK

2. Did 5 flights with NO FMC input with ILS approach = OK

3. Did 5 flights with FMC input and NO ILS approach = CTD on approach or near the airport

4. Did 5 flights with FMC input and ILS approach = CTD on approach/finals

If you can repeat this all the time, can you please enable the minidump function in CRJ Manager, do another flight and then send me the resulting ASCRJ*.dmp file from your P3D main directory?

After a new re-install yesterday, I could make my first complete flight this morning KFLL-KDCA with no issue at all. Everything appeared to have performed as required.  I had a constant and accurate LNAV and made a full ILS approach. I'd be curious to understand what on earth went wrong with my previous install...!

I am sorry not to be able to change my topic title!

Thanks to everyone.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for reporting back.Obviously one of the mysteries when installing software under Windows. ;)

On 5/14/2018 at 8:21 AM, mopperle said:

Thanks for reporting back.Obviously one of the mysteries when installing software under Windows. ;)

I'm not so sure that was the problem.

I too, have yet to complete a flight without a CTD.  Testing without any FMC data entry will be forthcoming.  I'll probably apply the 1.0.6 hotfix before I do that.

It's disconcerting to have a CTD without any notification at all  -- no mention of any dll, just a straight CTD.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, Mace_RB said:

no mention of any dll, just a straight CTD.

Not even in the Windows Eventviewer?

30 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Not even in the Windows Eventviewer?

In there, yes - a DCOM error in the system log.  I am tentatively going to chalk it up to a system that had been on all day...and had recently been updated (Win10 April update)....I'll tentatively blame all of that...

I say that because tonight I was able to complete a short hop from KMDW to KSTL using the FMC.  I also first did a KSTL to KMDW not touching the FMC.   To make a long story short....this is a really fun aircraft.   I will of course make more flights.  I'm usually pretty good at breaking things.  :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks, if you experience any further problem open a new topic.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived