Discussion on Real World A320 Operations

bill3810

I posted this picture a few days ago for fun and for some discussion (NO RW BUS Pilots allowed!) does anyone know why the flaps are in the 1 position instead of 0 while parked at the stand??

Im guessing you do since no one asked before.

Please login to display this image.

In hot temperatures (>30 degrees C) it's sop to park in config 1+f, to avoid the wings getting too hot and triggering a spurious (bleed) air leak fault.

Quite often you find the fuellers won't touch the aircraft until the flaps are up, in case they contact the flaps with their bowser and get sent the bill. To be fair to them there's not a lot of room under there.

https://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-598079.html

18 hours ago, CaneAE said:

In hot temperatures (>30 degrees C) it's sop to park in config 1+f, to avoid the wings getting too hot and triggering a spurious (bleed) air leak fault.

Quite often you find the fuellers won't touch the aircraft until the flaps are up, in case they contact the flaps with their bowser and get sent the bill. To be fair to them there's not a lot of room under there.

https://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-598079.html

Nicely done!

part II.

so if the flaps have to remain up for refueling and were say 45C outside,  how do we keep from getting this incorrect Wing Bleed Leak ECAM message?  

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 minutes ago, bill3810 said:

part II.

Bill, could you move this line of conversation towards the Radio Chatter Room or the Real Aviation section of the forum? 

I think a lot of people are interested in these facts (without having to search pprune) but it is just more clutter in our Airbus preview forum. 

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Bill, could you move this line of conversation towards the Radio Chatter Room or the Real Aviation section of the forum? 

I think a lot of people are interested in these facts (without having to search pprune) but it is just more clutter in our Airbus preview forum. 

Thanks. 

Can do but I don't know if I have the ability to move it however I certainly will refrain from continuing the conversation here, my apologies.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:44 AM, bill3810 said:

I posted this picture a few days ago for fun and for some discussion (NO RW BUS Pilots allowed!) does anyone know why the flaps are in the 1 position instead of 0 while parked at the stand??

Im guessing you do since no one asked before.

Please login to display this image.

I know, but I'm ME ATC ;-)

Scott

Archived