Malpensa and Fiumicino: jetways disappeared

dredd66

Hello...

I have an issue with my Malpensa and Fiumicino sceneries: i cannot see most of jetways anymore!!!

I saw them until yesterday but today... i don't know why they disappeared.

The only thing I did today was running makerunuways.exe. is it possible that that utility compromised my Aerosoft sceneries? (i regularely see jetways in other airports).

This happens both in FSX Se and P3D v3.

Slider of autogen is set to Very Dense.

What is happening??

regards

oliviero orsi - Italy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Makerwys should have no effect like this. That tool is only reading the files and creates a bunch of own files.

The airports you mentioned are using SODE. Is that still running fine?

You can also try to reinstall that airports.

I’ll try to reinstall... I think it’s the best way!

I’ll let you know as soon as possible! Thanx for your help!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please make sure to run the installer as Administrator, at least when installing into FSX:SE.

8 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Please make sure to run the installer as Administrator, at least when installing into FSX:SE.

Yes, of course! 

Same for P3D, I guess!

do I have to uninstall first or can i install over existing installations (much easier...)?

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, dredd66 said:

do I have to uninstall first or can i install over existing installations (much easier...)?

Always remove old installations by using the uninstaller. No manual deleting of files!

• Deputy Sheriffs

And please don't forget to also check your SODE installation if it is running correctly. You can use the SODE platform manager for that. 

OK! I think there is a big big mess in both simulators!!

i uninstalled LIMC and reinstalled: a pop up appeared advising me that SODE would be deactivated (i did not understand the reason)....

I had no choice: clicked on OK... 

i tried my scenery but nothing changed (ah: FSX SE!)

So i dowloaded SODE and installed it. I opened LIMC config tool and I clicked on option SODE.

I started FSX and parked at LIMC stand A608: jetways were there!! But... no chance to operate them with GSX (an alert appeared telling me that GSX was not operating due some issue I don’t remember...)

So: I opened the LIMC tool and clicked on ControlJ option (if I remember...).

I started FSX, to position at same position as before: Jetways were there and they worked (but several popup alerts about SODE appeared). 

I closed FSX, restarted, same osition but this time... no jetways again :((

Two days ago I had to reinstall ProATC X and jetways disappeared after that.

Tomorrow I’m going to try a config restore!

I’m crying!

vor 17 Minuten, dredd66 sagte:

Two days ago I had to reinstall ProATC X and jetways disappeared after that.

Sorry - but the pure installation of ProATC/x can't have any influence on scenery or AFCAD or jetways.... only interaction of this programm with FSX/P3D is reading the data created by makerunway.exe and iintewracting with the FS by simconnect (maybe reading some data by FSUIPC)

1 hour ago, data63 said:

Sorry - but the pure installation of ProATC/x can't have any influence on scenery or AFCAD or jetways.... only interaction of this programm with FSX/P3D is reading the data created by makerunway.exe and iintewracting with the FS by simconnect (maybe reading some data by FSUIPC)

I was pretty sure about it!

I can’t understand what I can do now... so frustrating....

vor 8 Stunden , dredd66 sagte:

I started FSX and parked at LIMC stand A608: jetways were there!! But... no chance to operate them with GSX (an alert appeared telling me that GSX was not operating due some issue I don’t remember...)

try to reacreate this situation - maybe that GSX alert may be helpful

btw. is there a SODE entry in the FSX menu?

22 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

And next: is your GSX the latest built? 

Yes, it is... everything worked fine until two days ago... then something that i don't know happened, right after reinstallation of Pro ATC.....

I have two snapshots of my situation: first one is with option "use SODE jetways" using the config tool that you can find in start menu of Windows: as you can see, Jetways are in there and they move regularely using SODE menu found in Add-ons menu of FS. But if I try to start GSX there is the advise that tells me that GSX doesn't work:

("[GSX] System error while accessing file E\FSX \Systemapps\common\FSX\Aerosoft\MilanMalpensa\scenery\AFX-LIMC-05-CRLbgl: CreateFile failed: impossibile trovare il file specificato (trad: impossible to find specific file): "E:\FSX\steamapps\common\FSX Aerosoft Milan Malpensa\scenery|AFX-LIMC)

Second one is what happens if I use option "Use ControlJ Jetways" in the same config menu: as you can see, jetways completely disappear but GSX works normally...

LIMC, gate A608

Help!

Please login to display this image.

seems GSX only "knows" the AFCAD File withot SODE (AFX-LIMC-05-CRLbgl) which has another name than the "SODE" one

Try this:

go to %appdata%\virtuali\GSX - search for "lirf..." and "limc..." files and change the name of the AFCAD file in the line starting with "afcad_path"

maybe that "kill's" also SODE as GSX tries to interact - otherwise - try to reinstall SODE (newest version)

I reinstalled Sode 1.6.2 twice... nothing! Same results!

i’ll try your tip and I’ll post results here!

A little question (since i’m not a software expert): how do I have to rename the AFCAD file??? Any suggestion?

thanks for your help, guys!

I really appreciate!

uhm... interesting.

In %appdata%\roaming\virtuali\gsx  i have 4 files:

- lieo-hkpfak.ini (I have LIEO scenery from aerosoft)

- limc-nplf1e.ini I have LIMC scenery from aerosooft)

- liml-guma5.ini (this is a third party scenery software)

- lirf-sexxar.ini (i have LIRF scenery from aerosof)

Well... LIEO and LIML have jetways and they work fine. I insert a snapshot of LIEO content and you can see that afcat_path string contents FSX instruction in its path (same for LIML)

Otherwise, LIMC and LIRF, have P3D instead of FSX (other snapshot).....  Is that ok???  Or is there something wrong???

Ok... I tried to change first command string path as following:

afcad_path = E:\FSX\steamapps\common\FSX\aerosoft\Milan Malpensa\scenery\AFX-LIMC-05-SODE.bgl instead of

afcad_path = G:\P3D v3\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Milan Malpensa\scenery\AFX-LIMC-05-CTRL.bgl (question: why a P3D string in FSX directory????????)

Results: jetways in and working fine using SODE, but if i try to start GSX i have same problem (gsx not working with the mentioned alert)

Then i opened config utility, flagged CTRL-J option, changed the same string as following:

afcad_path = E:\FSX\steamapps\common\FSX\aerosoft\Milan Malpensa\scenery\AFX-LIMC-05-CTRL.bgl

Jetways disappeared but gsx working.

What about a GSX issue???????????

vor 3 Stunden , dredd66 sagte:

uhm... interesting.

In %appdata%\roaming\virtuali\gsx  i have 4 files:

- lieo-hkpfak.ini (I have LIEO scenery from aerosoft)

- limc-nplf1e.ini I have LIMC scenery from aerosooft)

- liml-guma5.ini (this is a third party scenery software)

- lirf-sexxar.ini (i have LIRF scenery from aerosof)

Well... LIEO and LIML have jetways and they work fine. I insert a snapshot of LIEO content and you can see that afcat_path string contents FSX instruction in its path (same for LIML)

Otherwise, LIMC and LIRF, have P3D instead of FSX (other snapshot).....  Is that ok???  Or is there something wrong???

these ini files contain the "user edits / custimizations you do within GSX"  - if you change something in GSX and afterwards rename the AFCAD that may cause GSX to react strange

maybe it's an idea to just move that 4 ini-files to a save place and check if the problem disappears - fast and riskless ;-)

Problem solved!!!

It was not a LIMC Scenery issue: it was a GSX issue!

I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and, now, everything works fine!!!!

Thanx to all of you, and special thanks to Hawkmaster and data63 for their precious help, making me understand the real nature of the problem!!

Archived