Hydraulic System

hectorp

• Developer
1 hour ago, AAC47 said:

The test of RADIO RACK O'HEAT light doesn't work without External Power in this plane...in -62  it is powered by DC BUS -1

It's DC Bus 1 in this aircraft as well.  The battery bus is a separate bus and won't power that light. 

On 5/29/2018 at 12:37 PM, Michael2 said:

I'm not seeing that. Engines on or off shouldn't affect the operation of the ASC.dll.  And there is nothing saved by it that determines whether the engines are running (unless you turn the tank selectors off on the fuel panel).  The fuel shutoff switches are default variables that the sim controls. 

I figured out why I had no .asc file.  I had wrongly commented out the asc.dll.

Even so, if I save a flight cold and dark, then load the flight, it loads with engines running.

I attach the save files (fxml, wx, and asc) for your reference.

dc8 test3.fxml

dc8 test3.wx

dc8 test3.asc

• Developer

I haven't been able to determine yet why cold and dark saved flights save with the engines running.  The problem is very easy to avoid -- don't save flights as cold and dark. Load the aircraft running and if you want a cold and dark state, press the button on the loader. 

On 6/4/2018 at 5:28 PM, Michael2 said:

I haven't been able to determine yet why cold and dark saved flights save with the engines running.  The problem is very easy to avoid -- don't save flights as cold and dark. Load the aircraft running and if you want a cold and dark state, press the button on the loader. 

I never save flights cold and dark.  I was just trying to help the original poster (hectorp?).  And I was able to reproduce his issue, giving you another data point.

• 2 weeks later...

Final:

1. I save the Scenario with engines off. EXT Batt. Check Failures Panel. Clean

2. Start the Scenario and find:

a. fuel handles on

b. engines not running but after 20 to 30 seconds they start and all systems working. Failures panel OK. Hyd Pumps working

3. Fuel handles OFF, engines down. All systems down. 

4. Check Failures Panel and find the three Hydraulic pumps failed.

This is the problem and at this time i gave up.

What  I do now and works::

1. Start the scenario

2. Set fuel handles off

3. Set PWR EXT and EXT Air.

4. follow the rest of the check list to prep the flight

5. After everything is okay, turn the engines 3,4,2,1

6. Go to Failures Panel and RESET it. Hyd Pumps start working.

7. Take off.

As said before, I will not touch this topic again. Appreciate all your effort in fixing it but I guess this is a problem that will be fixed in the near future.

Meanwhile, I enjoy flying this machine.

Still some problems with the INS but working on it. Some times it works, sometimes it does not.

• Developer

I don't really understand why you need to save the scenario with engines off.  That is what causes the problem.  Wouldn't it be easier to have the aircraft load with engines running and then use the cold and dark button? Is it an immersion thing? 

It's not my intent to be critical; I just want to understand your perspective.

Hi Michael,

First  of all, in no way I consider help as a criticism. On the contrary, I acknowledge when people takes their time to offer solutions. This is the main spirit of forums. 

Now, going to the problem.

For me, as a former pilot, it is not right to park the plane, apply the parking brakes and not shutting the engines. It is against a pilot logic. 

However, I followed you recommendation. I left the engines running and open the C&D window, click on the Cold & Dark key and saved the scenario. I even shut the simulator and the computer.

When I opened the scenario the same thing happened. I wanted to record it with Fraps but I cannot make it work in Windows 10 no matter what I do. 

At the end, I will do as mentioned above and enjoy this wonderful machine.

BTW, I just saw Aerosoft releasing a version that includes FSX. Do I need to buy to play it in FSX?

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
On 6/18/2018 at 4:58 AM, hectorp said:

BTW, I just saw Aerosoft releasing a version that includes FSX. Do I need to buy to play it in FSX?

No, all versions included with one purchase. 

On 6/18/2018 at 4:58 AM, hectorp said:

However, I followed you recommendation. I left the engines running and open the C&D window, click on the Cold & Dark key and saved the scenario. I even shut the simulator and the computer.

When I opened the scenario the same thing happened.

My recommendation is not to save a flight with the engines off.  I understand wanting to shut everything down after you get to the gate, but I'm not sure why you need to save the flight that way.  Just start a new one and then use the cold and dark button if you want to begin the flight in that state. 

Hi

I recently encountered the problems discussed here.
So in conclusion, loading a saved flight will have the Hyd Pump failure Failed. And by unchecking them everything will work just as when you're creating a new flight.
(At least these are my conditions)

I also assume this will be fixed in a coming release.

Regards
Mats Sederholm

FSX
DC-8 ver 1.3
WIN 10

• Developer
On 6/30/2018 at 6:56 AM, mseder said:

So in conclusion, loading a saved flight will have the Hyd Pump failure Failed. And by unchecking them everything will work just as when you're creating a new flight.

This is not what I have experienced.  I have loaded saved flights probably more than 100 times without any problem with the hydraulic system.  I can only reproduce the problem if I save a flight after turning off the engines.  

Although I cannot see any reason why anyone needs to do that (save a flight with the engines off) I will look for a solution.  Furthermore, saving a flight with engines off is pointless now to begin with, because the sim does not seem to save the engine off state in the first place. 

• 1 month later...

Hi

Late reply, anyway:

" I can only reproduce the problem if I save a flight after turning off the engines.  "
Yes I always close the engines after a flight !? And also I always loads a saved flight. 
So this might very well be the key trigger.

I also noticed that even if I uncheck the hyd pumps in the failure panel, they get checked again during the start up. Sometimes more than once.

Mats Sederholm

Archived