Incorrect STAR for KIAH

I am using the latest version of PFPX and the current AIRAC Navigraph cycle of 1805.

Today I planned a flight from KORD to KIAH. With winds from the south PFPX generated the following route:-

KORD LISKE V191 TOY V69 FAM J137 LIT J101 LFK KIAH

The STAR assigned was GESNR1 for 15L. However, this STAR is not valid for that runway and is used for 8L/R and 9.

Here is the source for this... 

Please login to display this image.

Could anyone offer any advice on why PFPX selected that STAR please?

It is my understanding that KIAH ops normally uses the 8/9 or 26's for landings in a South wind and uses the 15's for takeoffs.  I usually check FlightAware and with a South wind, that is the pattern I see aircraft using.  I am sure someone can correct me if I am mistaken.

Hello Ray,

It would look to be a PFPX filtering issue, difficult to say for sure as the AIRAC data cannot be read, however other NG supported addons would indicate GESNR ONE serving 08L/R and 09 only.

BuddyDog / Stephen,

Thanks for your replies. I have no local knowledge of KIAH so rely on PFPX for accurate SIDs and STARs. This came to light because I'm testing a moving map package (under NDA so can't say which) and that STAR was not available for Rwy 15 which is correct.

I know it must be very complicated ensuring all procedures are correct. Perhaps you could bring this to the attention of the author. I know he has difficult personal circumstances but how many more approaches might be incorrect? Perhaps he needs to check accuracy.

Archived