No VOR Course setting display

raybans

Hi All and thanks in advance for any help that may be offered.

I have a new Windows 10-pro, new Prepar3d 4.2 and new 1.05/1.06 crj installs.   I am working through the tutorial and when tuning VOR1 and VOR2 radios I am unable to set the respective course - ie I can adjust the course1 or course2 knob, but there is no display anywhere of what the setting is.

If i change the nav source from FMS to Vor1 the vor text is displayed in red.   I suspect I may be doing something wrong or missing something but either way I need help to proceed.  thanks

Thanks Jim,   yes I get that the VOR (tuned to 108.2 for tutorial) being red indicates no signal, but I believe I should still be able to set a course ?

To clarify further, when I select or hover over the selector knobs on the glare shield (Course or ALt or Spd) there is no status/label display -  I have noticed on some you tube videos that when hovering over these buttons the setting/value is displayed next to the knob.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
On 2.5.2018 at 01:32, raybans sagte:

but I believe I should still be able to set a course ?

Yes and no. You can of course pre-set a course with the two CRS knobs on the FCP (= autopilot), but the MFD's course pointer will always use the navigation source set on the side panel. After loading the aircraft, it's set to FMS1. You would have to switch the navigation source to VOR/LOC1 to make the course pointer point to the selected course.

Archived