Fuel and Payload Issue

Gabe Dang

Hi everybody,

So I recently updated the CRJ to the latest edition and right off the bat I encountered something different. I loaded the aircraft into the turnaround state as I usually do, but then I found myself unable to change fuel and payload in DAVE. I would increase my passengers from 50 to 60 for example and it would hold but then when I went to lower my fuel quantity it would revert my PAX to 50 and but my fuel back up to maximum. Upon further examination I realized that this problem only occurs once the APU comes fully on, as I tried again from a cold and dark cockpit. Im unsure if I am doing something procedurally wrong or if it's just a weird little bug. Keep in mind that during these tests I tried parking at various different gates at LAX and continued to have the issue. 

Thanks for the help, Gabe

I installed up to 1.05. I wasn't aware that there was any additional update available. If there is something else I need to update, if you could point me in the direction of that, that would be great.

Gabe

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I just bought your beautiful CRJ and my first flights were really good. Unfortunately I can't set the amount of fuel, neither with DAVE, nor with CRJ Manager. Using Prepar3D's "Fuel and Payload..."-Option doesn't help, too. Setting PAX and Cargo is no problem, only when I try to change the fuel value, it changes back to the maximum value. Sometimes immediately and sometimes after a few seconds.

Yesterday I installed the hotfix (linked in Mathijs post) - same problem. I looked for a solution in your documentation and with the help of some tutorials in Youtube (maybe I'm just silly ;-) ), too - but it doesn't work further more.

Can anyone help me to solve it or do anyone know, what to do (maybe a workaround)?

Thanks,

Sebastian

• Developer

Normally, the fuel value shouldn't be changed back for 2 minutes once you changed it. Can you tell me what you tried to enter (pax, cargo, fuel) and which aircraft (-700 or -900)?

Also, which simulator do you use?

Hi and sorry for my very late answer. I had to prepare an exam last week.

Today I tried again to configure my CRJ-700 for flight and took some screenshots. You can find them with a few comments in the attached word-file.

I'm using Prepar3d v4.2, OS is Win7 prof. 64bit.

Thanks,

Sebastian

• Developer

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to open a word document from the internet. Please convert it to a PDF, or even better, upload the screenshots to this forum separately.

I'm sorry, you are right. A word document isn't a good choice.

Initial state:

Please login to display this image.

Input by hand:

When I wait for two minutes now, nothing will happen. If click the home button and come back to this screen again, the fuel value will reset itself. The same will happen, when I click on "Set Payload And Fuel":

Now I try to set the fuel with CRJ Manager (th first screenshot I took after I have closed P3D):

After clicking "Set Fuel & Payload in Flight Simulator" you can see this for about two seconds:

And after these two seconds the fuel value will reset:

Archived