Engine #4 Not Starting on a Turnaround

richboy2307

Hi,

So I had my first "unable to start engine" issue on this addon so far, this is on v1.0.2.

It started fine the first leg, starting off via Cold & Dark.

However on the second leg / turnaround, I was unable to start Engine #4 following the normal start procedure.

N2 Rose, but could not get fuel to catch, so N1 and Exhaust Temp just stayed stagnant and fuel flow did not increase beyond what it reaches during initial startup.

Engines #1 to #3 started fine without issues.

Eventually the way I got it to work was turning the Fuel Shutoff Switch to On before opening the Start Valve on No.4.

Luckily this was on stream so I have video of the whole process. I'll time stamp below the various points for your easy reference:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/253230810

Hope that helps :)

• Developer

Thank

5 hours ago, richboy2307 said:

Eventually the way I got it to work was turning the Fuel Shutoff Switch to On before opening the Start Valve on No.4.

Thanks for reporting these details. It gives me some insight into the problem and I will be looking at this today.  It can be very difficult to pinpoint the trouble when I have never experienced it myself.

1 hour ago, Michael2 said:

It can be very difficult to pinpoint the trouble when I have never experienced it myself.

Yeah I can understand. The devil is always in the details. Something minute.  :P

Anyways, tried to provide as much info as possible.

IDK if theres any logs of these things that I could provide (or should be looking out for) if it can be of any use?

Regardless, hope you can find the root :)

Archived