COM Frequency Problem

mboddicker

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I didn't see this problem in any of the threads.  I was trying the tutorial and having an issue dialing in the COM frequency.  It appears that turning the small knob for the decimal portion of the digits, when passing 9 on the 5th digit, it changes the 3rd digit and not the 4th digit.  So in essence, its impossible right now to change the 4th digits value.

make you sure that the radio is exactly in ON position, that happens (if I'm not wrong) if the radios are in STBY mode or switched fully to the right, which is a mode that i don't remember the name. I think there are for positions and its a bit tricky to see quickly which is selected.

A. off

B STBY

C ON

D  A name that I don't remember but I think is the reason of this issue you have.

Try it because i can tune very well the frequencies. Anyway, I'm not really sure.

• Developer

I looked at this and what Eduard says is correct.  It will get messed up if you move the switch to SEARCH LIMIT.  In the next update I will prevent the switch from moving that far, since the function isn't simulated. 

7 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

make you sure that the radio is exactly in ON position, that happens (if I'm not wrong) if the radios are in STBY mode or switched fully to the right, which is a mode that i don't remember the name. I think there are for positions and its a bit tricky to see quickly which is selected.

A. off

B STBY

C ON

D  A name that I don't remember but I think is the reason of this issue you have.

Try it because i can tune very well the frequencies. Anyway, I'm not really sure.

You sir, are correct.  I was following the tutorial and was in Standby mode when I tried to dial in the first VOR.  It does seam to me to be a bug that moving the knob in standby mode causes it to change the wrong digit.

Archived