Some issues with aircraft.cfg

qqwertzde

The following entries in aircraft.cfg create some issues with 3rd party addons for me.

1) the [general] section contains two conflicting lines,

atc_model=DC8

and

atc_model=DC-8

2) The payload stations look like

station_load.0=0, 46.5, 0, 2.3

compared to the following entries for the CRJ:

station_load.0=419,-21.3,0,-1

station_name.0="Pilots"

This mean, the weight of all stations is zero and they don't have a name. Are you planning to change this in the future? If not, I suppose it is safe to edit these entries by myself?

Thanks,

Peter

• Developer

The atc entries will be fixed in an update.  You can change them yourself now if you wish.

But please do not change the payload stations.  Everything is set up as it is for a good reason and will give accurate weight and balance.  The weight of pilots and cabin crew have been added to the aircraft weight as they are always present. 

The aircraft loads with full fuel and non passengers or cargo.  Use only the loader (shift-3) to add passengers and cargo and to reduce the fuel to the level you need.  

Thank you, Michael. If I may, I would suggest to use the DC-8-50 ICAO code DC85 for atc_model. But whatever you will use will work for me. 

Cheers,

Peter

Archived