Update

theophile

I just installed the update and I can confirm that the DC-8 can now be started without having to load up the tutorial flight first.I can be started with any aircraft set as default aircraft to start the simulator.

Regretfully,for me the issue with the Nav sounds (VOR ,ADF and ILS) remains.I cannot shut them off,once tuned.

• Developer

They should be OK so long as you use only the VC switches exclusively or keyboard commands exclusively.  There will be a problem if you use a combination of both.  The same goes for ADF. Having said that, I did fix this issue with the VOR sounds (so either keys or switches can be used) yesterday, but too late to get into this update.

Just wanted to share that I have now completely reinstalled my P3Dv4.2 after having thoroughly deleted all files (even in the register) and reinstalled.Now my DC8 is perfect BUT the NAV sound issue persists.

The only way to avoid it for me now is to first load the tutorial flight and then proceed from there on.I was wondering:am I the only one to have this issue?

Except for that,she is a real sweet airplane to fly.She even flies by the numbers.When I use the cruise tables and set the EPR accordingly,the mach speed is right on.Thanks guys for a great work of art!

• Developer

Perhaps you have a default flight with the sounds turned on?  The problem never arose during development or beta testing.  In any event, the code for these switches has been rewritten and the problem should go away when the next update is released.  

1 hour ago, theophile said:

She even flies by the numbers.When I use the cruise tables and set the EPR accordingly,the mach speed is right on

Without an auto throttle and modern autopilots, it would be very difficult to fly these aircraft except by the numbers.  I put in a lot of time to simulate accurate EPR and fine tune the flight model so it could be flown like the real thing. 

Again thanks,Michael for your dedication.I realise that people like me keep you working,even during the weekend.I feel somewhat guilty for that.Please take a rest now and enjoy your weekend.

Archived