engines not starting

IPA

1 hour ago, Michael2 said:

The instruction in the checklist is copied from a real one and wasn't intended to be a literal instruction as to how to do it in the sim with your mouse.  All you have to do is left click on the starter button.  The button will hold itself until ignition occurs as explained in the Operating Manual. 

Hi Michael, 

Congratulations for your amazing work! 

Sure I know that it's my mistake nor a manual mistake. I was just trying to help someone who could repeat my mistake. 

I mean, I don't have any other issues starting engines otherwise when I clicked twice by mistake. ;-)

Cheers, Richard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer
1 hour ago, richardgroy said:

I was just trying to help someone who could repeat my mistake. 

I understand, and appreciate the input!  After I read your post I wondered if maybe the way the checklist was written was causing people to try something overly complex with the starter buttons.

3 hours ago, Michael2 said:

I understand, and appreciate the input!  After I read your post I wondered if maybe the way the checklist was written was causing people to try something overly complex with the starter buttons.

No, the manual it's ok, but somebody could make a double click and this can cause this situation., in other planes if you click again in one of the starters you just can simply reinitiate the sequence, how I found myself doing "the bad thing" thought this post could help. Sorry if my post distracted and keep up the good work. I love your addon.

On 17/04/2018 at 9:16 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

I did some more testing tonight and reporting my results.  I was NOT able to start the engines even with the TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY event (66241).  I also tried TOGGLE_MASTER_IGNITION_SWITCH (66535) event and still nothing.  The only event that would fire up the engines was TOGGLE_MASTER_STARTER_SWITCH (66725).

I tried setting up a default flight scenario with engines running from another aircraft - exit P3D, restart P3D, load DC-8.  Unfortunately that only partially worked .. I could start engine 1 and 2 only, even with plenty of compressed air pressure 40-50.  Has me baffled.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi, adding the following in the elec_main.xml would be correct ?

<!-- Default Starter switch forced on -->    

(A:GENERAL ENG STARTER, bool) 0 ==
    if{
        (&gt; K:
TOGGLE_MASTER_STARTER_SWITCH)
    }

• Developer

V. 1.02 has a fix for the only problem we have been able to identify with starting the engines. 

People can tinker with the code if they like, they have after all purchased the product.  But doing so can have all kinds of unforeseen consequences.  The aircraft is complex with many custom inter-related systems.  Once you change the code, I can't provide support. 

58 minutes ago, QWJavelin said:

hi sir. I have 1.02 myself (installed over 1.00)  and was unable to start engine  without applying the events found by the user I quoted above (default battery - which is fixed in your last elec.xml and default starter - which seems not fixed) ! ;-)

In other words, I cannot start engines in1.02 without TOGGLE_MASTER_STARTER_SWITCH  at each start ;-)

Never mind - it seems to be fixed with a new complete reinstall along with dropping the modified elec.xml from this thread into the panel.
I also applied the new logic.xml. Works fine so far !

• Developer

I'm glad to see you've got it working, Rob.  If you have any further problems, there is an additional fix posted in another engine start thread. 

Archived