Critical Error / URL Problem

Lima_Bravo

When trying to run versions 1.7.2 & 1.7.3, I'm experiencing a critical error on startup. It seems Simstarter is unable to connect to internet, but the internet connection is fine. Adding a exeption to the firewall hasn't solved the problem so far. Any ideas towards a sollution are welcome...

15-4-2018 11:21:23 PROBLEM   PROGRAM             URL Problem: < https://aviation.pero-online.de/projects/SIMstarterNG/updates/version.txt >
15-4-2018 11:21:27 PROBLEM   PROGRAM             URL Problem: < https://aviation.pero-online.de/testconnection.html >
15-4-2018 11:21:27 FAIL      PROGRAM             CRITICAL ERROR: Can't connect to the internet or server unreachable!

• Developer

Can you try again. Is there a proxy less internet connection? Works on my side without problems. Please try again. Is internet working in general?

Internet is functioning normal, only Simstarter is giving me problems. I'm running PrivateInternetAccess, but shut it down and killing all related processes doen't solve the problem. Also added an expetion to windows firewall with no results.

• Developer

Whatever. There is no potential Security Risk to access my website. If you want to use updates you need to access to both URL as written in the Software Requirements. Sorry.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What ever is on your side, it blocks HTTPS connections and redirects them to HTTP. For me both URLs work just fine and the content is properly encrypted.

Archived