Another problems with DL and new EDDF 1.10 [P3D 4.2]

gianluk81

Hi,

with new update 1.10 of EDDF i have another problems with DynamicLights.

See this video...

I don't now if this problems show on others parking...but...at E9 have this orrible lights.

Try to disable many DL in EDDF configurator, but problem remain.

Try also to disable hdr, clear shaders, disable pta...but...never resolve problems.

Please check at E9 if have this type of issues.

Try with other acft, like default planes etc. etc., but don't resolve.

Regards

Gianluca

As @Mathijs Kok wrote, LM has a limitation of how many DL are active at a given time. This "bug" has been discussed in many forums, also present here in the AS forums. As I'm not aware if I can share links to any other forums, just search for "DL" or "Dinamic Light" and you will find different videos of that issue.

What would help you somehow if you have a traffic addon like e.g. UTLive, is either to decrease the traffic density or to disable the DL fx files of those AI aircrafts. To even test if it will work for you, move the camera into a position where the lights turn off then kill your Ai traffic completely. If your lights turn back on instantly, you might have a good chance to resolve it by decreasing the density.

If you have no other Ai Traffic program, means, that the Airport has so many DL that LM runs into the limitation. In this case we should keep our fingers crossed for the next release ;).

vor 44 Minuten, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

As @Mathijs Kok wrote, LM has a limitation of how many DL are active at a given time. This "bug" has been discussed in many forums, also present here in the AS forums. As I'm not aware if I can share links to any other forums, just search for "DL" or "Dinamic Light" and you will find different videos of that issue.

What would help you somehow if you have a traffic addon like e.g. UTLive, is either to decrease the traffic density or to disable the DL fx files of those AI aircrafts. To even test if it will work for you, move the camera into a position where the lights turn off then kill your Ai traffic completely. If your lights turn back on instantly, you might have a good chance to resolve it by decreasing the density.

If you have no other Ai Traffic program, means, that the Airport has so many DL that LM runs into the limitation. In this case we should keep our fingers crossed for the next release ;).

First of all, I am no developer and I basically have no idea how DL works.

But, what I can say is that flying online on VATSIM normally won't staff your airport too full. So, it might not be the ai-traffic. Moreover, other airports can handle DL quite well in contrast to EDDF, at least in my sim. So, I keep guessing it might be the scenery. 

However, this is just a subjective guess according to my pc and sim.

There are several things triggering this (thats why it has been reported to LM and filed as a BUG).

Have a read into this topic created and tested by myself (with videos):

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/531836-p3dv42-loss-of-dynamic-lights-and-acft-flood-lights/

This happens with all ACFT and on several ARP....

Mmm...the problems are present only on EDDF, and only in new 1.10. Why? I have EGLL, LEBL, EDDH, EDDM, LFPG and other complex apt...but don't have any issues with dl. And...in the reply i read..."...LM has a limitation of how many DL are active at a given time..."...but if disable a some parts of dl in EDDF 1.10 (via configtool), the problems remain. Same if disable ai traffic.

@gianluk81 I understand your frustration and believe me you are not the only one that feels like that.

Since this behaviour is "common" in P3Dv4.2 (in my case it was at EGKK stock and UK2000 scenery), many DEVs adressed the issue to LM. I also have EDDM from the competition and did not observe it. In my case it was "only" at EGKK where it occured when I opened the ticket.

The problem is that if the devs know there is an issue at LM, they will not try to fix anything in the scenery. Just wait for v4.3 and maybe it is fixed...

Archived