About the installer and where the files are placed

• Aerosoft

The installer installs all the aircraft files in a single folder (called "Aerosoft DC8") .

Please login to display this image.

The installer offers you complete freedom where to place this folder. For example I install all aircraft add-ons on my NAS so all my machines can use them. After the folder has been copied, the installer notifies P3D V4 where the files can be found. If you have ever used one of our newer installers it will have remembered the location and will offer that as default. We know my users created a folder called 'Aerosoft Add-ons' for that. 

The big advantage is that you can de-install and re-install your simulator without ever having to re-install the add-ons. If you ever want to move the location of the add-on search for 2 files called add-ons.cfg on your C: drive. That's where P3D stores the path to the add-ons. You can edit that. To disable the add-on you can use the Options / Add-ons menu inside the sim.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And this behaviour is absolutely correct, as the installer remembers the folder from the last installation.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, ssimm1958 said:

Mine installed only the add-on.xml in my doc prepar3d v4 add-ons folder, then installed all rest to ecosystem-aerosoft-aerosoft dc8 folder..

The ecosystem is possible, you can install where you want, but it is not advised to merge the add-ons with the simulator. The whole idea of the new installer is that they are separated.

Archived