El Hierro - floating stationary aircraft

Rob Ainscough

• Developer

Hi Rob,

1. Check if there is an AFX_GCHI_ALT. bgl in the scenery/world/scenery folder of P3D

2. If not, start GCHIconfig in the El-Hierro Folder and press Save+Exit

3. Recheck if the AFX Alt file is now present and also check if there is maybe any other related to GCHI.

Normally the Tool will copy the ALT File when started from the Installer at the end of the install process.

When the Alt file is missing, the Ai Traffic get the default altihude of the airport, which is totally wrong and to high.

When using windows 10 start menu to run the GCHI config an error message window pops up indicating that the shortcut link cannot be found, and the option to delete broken link.  The config runs properly at the finish of the install and the AFX_GCHI_ALT.bgl does appear in the scenery/world/scenery folder of P3D.  Can this be a minor bug?

Thanks

Dom 

• Developer

This tool will be in the Main folder of the El Hierro addon, <you install path>\Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional\El Hierro

This Tool will be started after the Install is finished, otherwise the scenery is not registered and shown in P3D.

But maybe you also use a Malware tool, which remove it, as seen in another thread here.

I think I see the problem.  If you click on properties the target folder points to "<your install path>\Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional\El Hierro\GHCIConfig.exe"..  The reference target should read "GCHI" rather then "GHCI".  I attempted to edit the path for correction but could not do so as it required administrator priveledges, which I thought I had.  Maybe it requires an edit on your side to correct this.

Dom

Quick update, I uninstall and re-installed both La Palma and El Hierro and the problem seems to be resolved.  Something odd did happen, don't know if it was my AV software or something else but it looked like only a partial install which was then promptly "removed" after a reboot.  Anyway, up and running now, all good, thanks for the support:

Cheers, Rob.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived